XXXII

hate✨

y/n and finn were always nervous about letting his fans know about their relationship. this was a problem because y/n is a boy as well. neither boy wanted to get the hate they knew would come. but they were exposed anyway.

millie was doing something for her insta story and you and finn were in the back. you have each other a quick hug and kiss while millie was doing her thing. once she saw the backlash she knew something was wrong. she quickly opened her story and saw the two of you in the back, she hit that delete button so fast.

neither of you were mad at her, but you were mad at how careless she was and how she didn't see you guys, as you were only a few feet away. she apologized profusely and you both accepted her apology, you moved on.

a month later you were still getting hate. how could people not understand that finn was happy with you? how could they assume you were a gold digger? why were they so invested and invasive in your relationship and lives? there were so many questions and none of them were ever answered.

while out on a date together, which is now something you both can do, you were shot by the paparazzi, and people were showing up. not that many, but they were there. all you two wanted was to have a cute date at the local ice cream parlor, but you knew that was never how it was going to be.

"please step back from me and my friend," finn looked at you nervously, trying to pull off the 'we are just friends' thing that almost every celebrity does. "we just wanted ice cream."

you smiled and tried to get through the small crowd, but there was no use. finn was calling his bodyguards and they would be there soon with a car to leave in. it would be over soon.

in the meantime, people were shoving cameras in your face and finn was trying to block them. he was a lanky guy and so he didn't do much. at least he was trying.

reaching over to grab his arm you pulled him toward you and whispered in his ear, "do you have any idea when greg and steve (idk) are going to get here?"

"no idea, i think greg said 30 minutes and it's been around 25. we will get out of here soon, i promise."

with that, you continued to push the girls away, softly so you didn't hurt them obviously. waiting a few more minutes until the guards got there. them pushing and blocking the girls from getting to you both.

while in the car, finn was comforting you or at least trying to comfort you. "i'm so sorry, baby. i didn't mean for this to happen. i just wish we were more careful with these kinds of things."

"finn, it's not your fault, it's not mine either. stop apologizing if you couldn't do anything to prevent it. i love you and thank you for trying your best."

"anytime cutie."

——————————————————————
a/n
this was two separate requests, but both of them asked for a male reader. hope this was good!!!!
claire