Chapter 23

Drew’s POV

It’s been a little over one hour since Chase, Jack and I got to Sami’s uncles house. Chase and I have always known that Ashton had been training with Sami’s Uncle John. Everyone thought that Ashton was the quiet one in our ‘group’ with his small build and all, but was all sort of a cover up. Truth be told, if someone were to start a fight with Ashton, they would be lucky to be able to tell people about their encounter. John works as an independent Agent, in some sense he’s a little like the FBI but doesn’t really like being put under that label.

We are sitting in John and Becca living room with paper scattered all over the coffee table.

“Do we have any clue where someone would take Sami?” Chase questions.

“Well we have your father for example, I mean has he tried numerous times to try and your attention? Maybe kidnapping Sami was his way of sending a message?” Ashton Adds

“Well he has a very different way of sending messages.”

We all turn our heads to try and find out who the voice belonged to. It was Kyle.

“I’m just saying.” Kyle adds

“You took your time.” John explains

“Well I was doing research.”

“What research” John questions

“I found where they are, someone contacted me.” Kyle states

“Contacted you? Who?” I suddenly ask

“I don’t know but I have an address”

“Let’s go.” Chase announced

As we all piling into car, you can tell that people are on edge. It’s almost suffocating. I see Kyle loading guns and first aid kits into the front as I approach him.

“Kyle!”

“Hey Drew, you need anything?” Kyle asked

“Yes”

“Ok then shoot.”

“When were in that ‘hell hole’ I don’t want Sami getting hurt at all. I know you still have feelings for her, and I hope you love her enough to put your life on the line.” I say

“Of course I will, she still means the most to me. But why are you saying this?”

I stay quiet for a while until Kyle connects the dots.

“You’re in love with her aren’t you?” Kyle guesses

“That I am, but I need you to promise something to me.”

‘What?”

“If become injured, to the point where I need resuscitation, don’t. Let me die.” I say

“Are you CRAZY? No!”

“Look we both know that I haven’t got the longest life span and with Chase and Ashton-“

“You haven’t told them have you?” Kyle states

“What do you want to me to say? Oh hey guys, I’ve had a brain tumour since I was 13 and doc’s are telling me even though I’ve received treatment, there’s an 80% chance that I won’t even get to my 21st?” I Say, beginning to raise my voice.

“Look, when we rescue Sami, you don’t want to go in there with any regrets trust me. You need to tell Chase and Ashton.” Kyle says

“I know what you’re saying but if I tell them before we head in, Chase isn’t going to be thinking about Sami, he’s going to be thinking about me. That means he is putting both himself and Sami’s life in danger and I don’t want that.”

“Drew, Drew, Drew. We have been, mates for 8 years and you still think you can keep a secret, one thing about friends they can tell when one another is in some deep shit.” Only it wasn’t Kyle voice that said it.

Both Kyle and I turn our heads to find Chase standing behind us.

“You knew?” I ask

“Yeah, I’ve wondered how long it would take for you to tell me.”

“Sorry man. But Chase you need to know something.” I explain

“What?”

“It’s about Sami.” Chase suddenly becomes tense and I worried expression appears on his face.

“Tell me.”

“Look I'm really sorry you had to find out this way but, the reason why Sami was even at the pharmacy was because she needed to use the bathroom for something…”

“Drew I swear to god if you don’t tell me now you’re more than screwed”

“Sami’s Pregnant”

~Writers Note~

Well I guess not many of you readers expected that now!! I know chapter seems I bit rushed so when the book is finished I think I may re-write itJ

COMMENT

VOTE

SAHRE

FAN

Love, Peace & all things sweet

-Sarah