Chapter 26

Sami’s POV

Everyone has dreamt of their knight in shining armour and that they would always be chivalrous. Well, my knight in shining armour has just crushed my heart.

“Chase, what are you doing?” I try to say.     

Chase looks like he’s talking to me, but I see his eyes ever so slightly looking behind my shoulder. I didn’t really pay attention to that seeing as I had Chase a gun at me. At my stomach.

“HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME AND MY MOTHER ALONE! I JUST WAS PEACE! I DON’T GIVE A FUCK AS TO WHY YOU WANT ME, BUT JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!” Chase shouts.

I feel like he has just pulled my lungs out of my body. I feel the tears in my eyes beginning to form and drop. But not only does my tears drop, I do to. I no-longer feel like my body can hold it’s self. I begin to hear footsteps. I look up and I cannot believe what I'm seeing. Chase and his father were standing side by side. Michael had his hand wrapped around Chase’s shoulder and Chase just stood there, as if his hand wasn’t even there. Then Michael did the most unexpected then. He laughed

“What is so funny?” I ask

“Your jumper.”

I looked down, my beloved jumper. It read, ‘sometimes the person you would take a bullet for, is the person behind the gun. I felt tears threating to fall again. Michael crouched down at me.

“If only it was true, you have been loyal so far but now that I have Chase, I saw no other purpose for you”

Michael was quick to get his hand on his gun and point it at me. Only the trigger was never pulled.

“You know father, if you really wanted me to ‘follow your footsteps’ you should know that I don’t turn my back on the people I love.” Chase said

Chase pulled the trigger… on his father.

I stood peering over the cold lifeless body that lay before my eyes. I had always thought of death the enemy, but right now, I blessed it on the person who is at peace. Sometimes you don’t need to be the smartest, or the fastest, but you do need to be wise. They say the blood runs deeper than water, and I believe it, because even though the people that we love can turn on us and begin to hate us, they are only human, meaning that soon they will begin to see how short life really is and how it is not to be wasted.

Bullets were begging to be fire like wild fire. But they weren’t only from Michael’s men. I turned my head and saw Uncle John, Kyle, Ashton, Drew, Sean and Ryan.

They were firing at Michael’s men, and they were losing.

“Sami! We need to get out of here!” Chase yells

Chase grabbed my hand and helped up and quickly got everyone running to the cars out front. As I was running out I didn’t see that I man had sneaked up behind me. He held the gun at me and pulled the trigger. The bullet never reached my body.

“DREW!” I scream. I looked at Drew’s body now lying on the floor. I through myself on the floor.

“S-sami” He murmured. There was so much blood. So much.

“Drew, no no no no. Drew you’re not leaving me, Drew just keep breathing.”

I turn and try and yell to the other.

“CHASE! HELP ME PLEASE. SOMEONE HELP.”

“Sami, stop.” Drew’s voice coos.

I looked at him and I began crying. I looked into his eyes and I saw the passion, the fun and love shining in his eyes.

“Sami, I was never going to make it anyway.” Drew was no crying too.

“Drew what are you talking about?”

Drew began struggling to get air.

“Ask Kyle. Sami, you have given me hope in only a matter of days. Thank you. Sami, I-I love you”

Drew took his last breath, I watched slowly as the last tear ran down his cheek. That night Drew died in my arms, peacefully.