Chapter 28

Sami’s POV

Funerals

The word everyone associates with pain, loss and death. It’s all very final.

It’s a place where everyone will end up, but rarely likes to speak of it.

It’s been two days since I’ve left the hospital and today I will be saying goodbye to some of the most important people in my life. I was back at Chase’s house and we were getting ready to leave for the funerals. I looked in the mirror and I saw a lost and broken girl. But I also saw a strong independent woman who has survived so much. I was wearing a black laced dress that reached above my knees. My hair was out and my makeup was mammal.

“Sam, you ready?” Chase asks. He looks like he hasn’t slept in years. Just imagine what I look like.

“Who is ever ready to say good bye to three of their friends?” I ask

“no-one.” And with that he walked over to me, grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The church was small, yet cosy. For a funeral of course. Chase and I had been asked to speak for Drew, Sean, and Ryan’s funeral. Chase couldn’t do it, but I wanted to. I felt like I needed to, especially because all three of those men had sacrificed their lives’ for mine. Once I entered the church, I saw Drew’s mum, dad and his younger sister. She only looked like she was about 5, and you also saw Kyle and Ashton at the back of the room. Both grieving in their own way. I felt myself suddenly want to crawl up into a small ball and hide from the world. Only I couldn’t.  I couldn’t see any parents for either Sean or Ryan. I only found a girl probably our age weeping at a picture of Sean. Ryan. His words have been going around around my head. Good luck baby sister. Was he my brother? Had he even known about me till Michael?

“We will know here a few words from Sami O’Clare for the boys.”

I stood up and walked over to the three caskets with a picture of each boy on top of them. I suddenly found it hard to talk. I face the seven people who were grieving for their loss along with me.

“Hi, I'm Sami and I was these boys’ best friend. I’ll start off with Ryan, even though nearly none of you here ever meet him, I still think he deserves something good said about him at this funeral. I had only known him for a few weeks but I could tell he was hard working and caring person. He loved the people around him and watched out for everyone. He was like their brother. Sean, Sean was the jokester.” “He would make you smile.” I looked over to the girl to see her smile, and then go back to crying. “You would know that he would always be there for you and would be willing to help you out at any given moment. Then there’s Drew. “I was begging to cry. “Drew was just this light hearted person and he would never take life too seriously. That’s something I admired about him. Personally, I didn’t know about Drew’s brain tumour till after his death. But I know even if he didn’t have the tumour that still would have stepped into front of that bullet. Because that just who Drew was. He was amazing, he meant so much to me, he was my brother, my best friend and for a moment he was my crush.

“Every time I saw him in pain I would be in pain because that’s just how close we were. Even though many of you are here to say good bye, well I'm not going to say good bye, because saying good bye implies that I will never see him again. Which is a lie, because I will see him again. So instead of saying good bye I'm going to say thank you, for getting the chance to have such an amazing person in my life. Thankyou.”  I stepped back, away for caskets to see them being lowered into the ground. I went over to Chase and hugged him like my life depended on it.

~Writers Note~

This is the last chapter for this book other than the epilogue i will be uploading soon. Hoped you guys liked this chapter.

-----------> song to the side for the funeral.