Chapter 25

Sami’s POV

People normally associate the word strength will muscle and weights. I on the other have a whole other outlook on the word.

When I say the word I think of determination, and willpower. It’s been 12 days since I have been ripped away from Chase. 12 day since I found out I was pregnant. I have been training no-stop will Ryan but thankfully it hasn’t been combat training. No, my training is with guns.  Life is hard, but today it’s only to get harder.

“ALLRIGHT! Tonight the shipment has come early, please all be ready as now mercury will be shown to the injured.” Michael’s words sent chills down my body. And not the good kind.

“Everyone will be given partners. I want Sami with Ryan, no completes.” You could tell Michael was eager to get his shipment. He was in a no nonsense mood and quite frankly is scared the living daylights out of me. As everyone was leaving the room, Sean come up to me and handed me a gun.

“Be ready tonight.”

<><><><><><><><><><><> 

It was cold out tonight.

We all stood at the edge of the dock tumbling with my gun. My gun. Those words were scary. I could kill someone and then moonlight didn’t help. It was a full moon tonight. I welcomed the light it brought though. I felt the wind run through my hair and the ocean move at the moons command. It was peaceful, but of course not for long.

“You even though I don’t like you very much I hope you get everything you want in life.” I jumped

“RYAN! You scared me.”

“Do I care?” He asks

“Thank you, but how do you know?” I question

“Let’s just say Sean wouldn’t have been able to do half the things he’s done without me.” He laughs. An actual laugh.

“I like your laugh, and your smile you should do it more often.” I say.

“There's not much to smile about. Be safe Sami.”

Just as the words left his mouth gun shots erupted.

“RUN SAMI RUN!” Ryan shouts

I turned and ran, I was running up and away from the dock and I left my heart beat faster and feet hitting the concrete. I all I could he was the screams and cries for help.

Men were dying.

I knew I needed to find somewhere to hide, only for a little while.  I found a little warehouse and the edge of the dock. As I entered I suddenly left more scared then I did outside.

“I see you came.” I jumped at the sound of a voice.

I turned and saw a men with a gun pointed to my head.

The man was Chase.