Chapter 8

I was surprised to see Joey's mum in the kitchen but I didn't think anything of it because she thought I was his girlfriend.

She decided she wanted to stay for dinner and so we talked then she said

"I was thinking about staying here for a few weeks" Joey's mum was nice so I just said,

"sure auntie what room are you going to take?" She replied with:

"the guest room, of course, you and Joey are going to be in the master bedroom together right?" We looked at each other and I went red, what was I thinking how was I going to sleep in the same bed as him?.

It ended up being that way I didn't want to get in his way so I took a shower and went to sleep, a few minutes later I could feel him getting into bed.

'so this is what it's like to be married even though I'm not married to him and we are pretending to be together' I thought to myself.

*1 month later the day of the wedding gathering*

I wasn't sure if I wanted to come to the gathering, it was scary and I was sure my parents were going to be there, my heart raced as I stepped into the bright luxurious room.

I also didn't bother to ask Joey because I knew it would be a pain for him.

He's probably busy doing what busy people do I guess. I wanted to just lay low and not attract any attention but I guess karma had other ideas, I saw Nick and Beth coming over to me.

I tried to divert my eyes and walk away but then I felt a right grip that pierced into my skin I immediately turned around to see Beth.

She was clawing onto my skin like a leech. She let out an obnoxious laugh and smirked then held Nicks' hand and leaned in to kiss him. I was disgusted how could my sister do this to me?.

I didn't say anything I felt like I shouldn't, I waited for her to stop making out with her fiance then I was going to say something but my words were silenced by her eyes looking at me from the side.

"Oh, my little sister is here I'm so glad you could make it. Nick and I have been waiting for ages and we were wondering when you were going to tie the knot. I'm sure you'll find someone who is... Your type ".

I couldn't stand that look on her face, it was like she had accomplished something I would have never done.

It hurt.

I wasn't going to let her torment me any more, I took a deep breath in and gathered all my thoughts up then said:

" Beth you're a disgusting disgrace to our family and a massive slu-".

Before I could finish my words I heard a roar of words that came from the crowd, sadly I recognised the voice as soon as I heard it

"DIAMOND!".

I shrunk, my body felt like fading away I knew the voice so well it was the voice that hated me and tormented me, it was my step-mother, Devin,.