Chapter 13

I nodded and held my cup tightly then quietly and softly said

"Well my mother did die, she died when I was five my father told me once and only once that she had a disease that would kill her slowly after having a child. Most people blamed me for her death. Her name was Melody and my father loved her so much but then he might not have loved her enough because two years before my mother had me my father had gotten someone pregnant and that woman is, Devin, Beth's mother. My father never told my mother about this and proceeded to lie. A week before I was born Devin and two-year-old Beth saw my father at his company and approached him, my father didn't want anything to do with her and told her to leave. Devin loved my father that's why she didn't want to get rid of Beth she was blinded by love."

I held my breath and pulled back my tears Joey looked at me and said

"Hey let's go to the couch if you don't walk ill carry you! Also, don't make too much noise you know my mother is here" 

He winked and came toward me the suddenly picked me up like a princess and placed me gently on the couch then sat next to me I felt really happy that a Joey was the one I was saying this to  I got comfortable and carried on with my story.

" Whilst Devin was at my father's company she snooped around because she saw a wedding ring on his finger  and she heard he was with some rich model, which was false, however whilst finding out the gossip little Beth stumbled into a private conference Devin quickly grabbed her child and hid as soon as she could but before leaving she heard as familiar voice it was my fathers and he was announcing that his beautiful wife, Melody, was pregnant with their first child. Devin was so ashamed and angry because my mother was not a noble or even like anything the rumours said all she had was her kindness and beauty and Devin was angry about that because she was from a noble family and had everything including my father's child."

I took a deep breath then continued

"Two days before I was born my mother was admitted to the hospital because the disease was spreading and they said I wouldn't make it my mother cruise and cried for the rest of the day until early in the morning she felt a stabbing pain and went into labour the doctors could only say to my father that one of us was going to live and who should. My father could never make that decision but the doctors insisted he had to choose whether to kill a life that was going to come into the world or to save someone he cherished and loved. He knew my mother wouldn't be happy if he killed their baby but he knew he would rather have her never speak to him again then rather her be dead so he decided to save my mother "

A tear ran down my face and Joey wiped it off then embraced me I wanted to tell him I really did so I continued whilst embracing him.

"My father came in and saw my mother he knew what she was going to say but he loved her so he didn't care. My mother waved to him slowly with a smile then tugged him closer to revile me their baby girl. My mother had the biggest smile and never became negative after having me. My father said that this was the family he wanted but this dream family soon decayed away because Devin, five years later, told my mother about everything, my mother was so sad, angry and frustrated but she never showed that in front of me."

"Even though my mother didn't show her depression it was killing her inside literally because the amount of stress and anxiety built up was lowering her immune system. Some days she would go without eating for a whole day and some days she wouldn't even sleep and so the diseases had built up dramatically. My mother was an independent type of woman so she didn't really like to tell anyone about her problems and because of this, the disease spread to the point of Death. She died when I was five and since I was five my father ignored me and didn't want to look at me because I looked so much like her. "

"Devin convinced my father that a five-year-old child needed a mother and she was a good replacement even if he didn't love her. My father was in a state of depression and couldn't look after me so he thought that my mother would have wanted this and so I was stuck in a house of misery until I ran away with a man I thought I loved but well you know what happened"

I held Joey and tears just made it's way to my cheeks he lifted me up and we went to the bedroom I wasn't sure what he was going to do but all I could do was cry. He held me and didn't let go and said

"You know Dime you may not know this but I already knew what you told me about your past"

I couldn't understand what he meant but I was so tired to ask so I fell asleep in his strong arms that wrapped around me I felt safer than I've ever been in my life