Chapter 23

I came back to reality then I said one thing I thought years ago I would never in my life say to these people and it was:

"I forgive you " my heart burst and tears rushed down my face I wiped them away. Devin came over to me and hugged me then so did Beth. I don't know whether they were playing tricks or if they meant it, either way, they seemed genuine and I'm sure this is what my mother would have wanted me to do.

"Dime, " my father said in a soft voice.

"Let's go have something to eat" we sat down and I felt like this was a dream. I didn't know whether it was because of Joey or whether they really meant it but I was happy.

Beth then waved to me and said :

"Hey come here can....we chat?" I was glad she asked because I wanted to know her side of the story

We sat down on a swing and she softly spoke to me

"I know we're not on the best term but..... I felt like you were taking everything away from me and so I took Nick away from you. I was actually in love with Nick but when I found out you two were together I was so s are about what my mother had been through that I decided to take him from you as soon as I could. I'm the worst person ever and I know that.." Tears dripped down her face id never seen her like this.

In all my life she was known as the stonehearted man taker but deep down I know she will treasure him. To be honest I don't think I was in love with Nick. I hugged her and said

"Beth if Nick ever hurts you I will never forgive him!" Her tears stopped and she giggled I'd never seen her happy. I'm glad I came here today.

"Beth I... I fell like this is so surreal and I'm worried that you're trying to play tricks on me or maybe it's because Joey is here and you guys are scared I just feel empty." I looked at the ground and played with my thumbs then she came said :

"I don't want to lie to you anymore but yes it was because of Joey. I guess his power and love for you showed me that I could do the same. I think my mother feels the same and like she said she knew your mother before. I just never want to to be mean to you ever again because I want to treasure you". I was so astonished.

We both grabbed each other and cried in each other's arms. I felt it I was sure that I could trust her.

" Mrs Chase, Mrs Houston please come downstairs your father has called you both, " the butler said.

We hurried down and saw that my Father, Joey, Devin and Nick were taking

"Ahem!" I said

"Oh, there you two are!. Sit down Devin has something to tell you Dime." My father said holding onto his wife's hand.

"Well do you remember you used to sneak out of the mansion and go to meet your secret friend?" She said softly

"How did you remember this?" I asked. she smiled and continued

"You see his name was Star yes?. Well, I know the boy's mother, she was close to your mother. They came to the mansion for some business with us her name was Cassandra we called her Cassie." She took a deep breath. I looked at Joey and he had his head down I was going to ask him what was wrong but Devin continued.

"Well, I remember that she told me the boys name. I didn't tell you at that time because I didn't want you to be happy but now I realised all the pain I caused you and so to help you. I want you to stop looking for him because I'll tell you his name... It is...." I was so excited about what she was going to say.

I could finally stop searching for him and when I find him I can ask him all the questions that I had hidden inside. I looked at Joey excitedly again and he just held my hand tightly.

"It is... Joseph William Houston. The heir of the Houston group." Then everything suddenly faded away and turned black. Something hurt and I wanted to know what it was.