Chapter 33

Beth got into Nick's car and I got into Joey's

On the way there I couldn't help but think about the fact I saw Joey in the dream. He looked so sad in the area. I wonder could something have happened to him?.

Joey saw that I had a serious face and so he pinched my cheek to laughter the mood.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

"Nothing" I sighed

He frowned then said "Don't worry about my father. The media really does portray him as some man who kills anyone who makes him angry"

I smiled and felt reassured but deep down I thought: isn't that what happened with my father.

We arrived at the grand mansion with Beth and Nick behind us. The Butler escorted us to where Antonio was. The doors flung open and I took a deep breath and embraced my self.

"Oh Come on in! My daughter!" Antonio said cheerfully with his wife in his arms next to him.

I was astonished at how cheerful he was. This was nothing I could ever expect.

Then something surprising happened. My father and stepmother walked out!.

"Why are you here?" I asked

"Well as you have married Joey your father and I thought that the two families should meet!" Devin said cheerfully

Joeys father told us about how Lucas, joeys older brother, had gotten married and the lady next to him was called Mary.

It was so lively with Joey, me, Beth, Nick, Lucas, Mary, My Father, Antonio, Devin and Joeys mother.

We all sat at the table and talked. It was a massive surprise that Joey's father wasn't as bad he seemed, actually he was kind of like the cheerful grandfather. He smiled throughout the whole conversation. I felt like I was in a dream.

"Oh, Dime I have a question for you, "Joey's father said.

"Yes?" I asked

"Your last name is now Houston but I saw that your maiden name was Lockheart big your parent's name is Pike why is that?" He asked

Everything went silent as if he asked some kind of sacred question. I didn't like the aura that was in the doom so I told him because we were family and this may open up some of the questions about my mother.

"Well, umm... You see Devin isn't my real mother because my mother died when I was five so I took my mother's name, not my fathers " I said smiling

"Hmm what was your mother's name?"  He said

"Oh it was Melody Lockheart"

"Wait! That means you are Dimond her child?" He sounded eager for my response

"Well yes I am" I replied

The tension was strong in the room now and I didn't like it at all.
Then the quietness was broken by Antonio saying:

"Charles, Isabella and I forgive you only because it would be a shame if two fami!ies were not to be happy over something that happened years ago."

I then finally had all the answers I wanted. There were no more secrets and I was happy with that.