Chapter 38

I was so scared my stomach started to hurt again and I felt so sick.

I wanted Joey. Even if this was the last time I was going to see him I needed to see him.

Then all my regrets came back.

Regrets about not trusting Joey, hating my sister, hating people who are so dear to me.

I tried to struggle and find a way out but no matter how much of a fight I put up my body was weak and I was practically blind and paralyzed.

I tried to cry out for help but all that came out of my mouth was muffled sounds.

Tears just ran down my face.

I didn't know where I was or who these people were but I just wanted to be with Joey and be comforted by him.

Then depressing thoughts like how I couldn't reach any member of my and Joey's family the whole time Joey was I'm the business trip.

I felt being picked up then being chucked onto the ground.

The blindfold was lifted and it reviled something that just made me smile.

~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" My family, Joey and his family all shouted.

I forgot it was my birthday because I had been so worried about Joey.

"Dime come here," Joey said picking me up in his arms and kissing me.

At that moment I saw Miss Lola then my whole world collapsed again.

"Dime this is my cousin Lola," Joey said holding me

"Cousin? But what about what the media said " I said

"Oh don't believe them you see a few years ago my parents wanted me to marry Joey but I didn't want to. So I ran away with the man I loved and now I have 4 children with him!" Lola said cheerfully with her husband by her side with 4 children.

I felt a sense of relief.