Chapter 12

Joey and I stood there with his mother smiling.

"I'm so happy that you two are getting married we have to arrange everything "

she sounded so happy like how my mother would have been if I got married. From a young age, I stopped believing in love because of what my father did.

I didn't want to burst her bubble or make things worse so I played along with it and smiled.

"Mother, why are you here?" Joey asked impatiently.

She turned around quickly facing us

"well I wanted to get to know your girlfriend better and I'm lonely also your father is on a one-month business trip." Joey sighed and looked at me to almost ask if I was ok with it.

It was sweet.

"Auntie you can stay here if you want we can eat together and we can get to know each other," I said smiling and holding her hand with both of mine.

"Oh, of course!".

"Ahem! I don't want to interrupt but all the bedrooms in the mansion are being renovated and there are only two free ones the one on the far left on the east wing and the master bedroom and well Dime is in the far east-".

"Well I'll stay in the far left of the east wing bedroom and you two can stay in the Master bedroom!

"She winked at us. Joey an I looked at each other uneasily this was the second time I was going to be in the same room as him and for a month!

She noticed our uneasiness and said,

"Come on you both are together there's nothing to be embarrassed about, you both love each other right?"

Do I love Joey? Well, I feel like I can be me around him but that doesn't mean anything!. Joey's mother went to bed before us and we ended up eating dinner together he made it because he knew I was a rubbish cook.

It was actually nice having dinner with someone and not being alone.

"I didn't know you had a sister," He said pouring a glass of water.

"Joey, you know the background research you did on me it has a lot of information about me so I'm guessing you know a lot about me already".

I looked down I wanted to tell him everything for some reason.

"I know your mother died. Could you tell me why?". I was happy for some reason that he asked me because I wanted all this built-in emotion and regret to fade away.