04 - hello harry styles

"Okay so I can explain"  Eleanor spoke softly. 

My cheeks were absolutely burning. I could hear the sound of my heart beating, with the look that Harry was giving me, I wondered if he could hear it too. 

"Louis and I obviously bought this house for you Ellie, but before we got here there was a little bit of a miscommunication with us and Harry" I shot Harry a look. He was dripping water onto my brand new hardwood floors. The man couldn't even bother to dry his hair or put on clothes. He was still standing in a towel. His eyes looked up to meet mine and I promptly looked back at Eleanor. He definitely caught me glaring. 

"I think you should keep your eyes on your sister, its rude to look away while she's talking to you" he mumbled. I rolled my eyes returning my gaze to Eleanor. 

"Before you agreed to move here, this house has been empty so we always told the boys that any of them could crash here if they needed to but we forgot to tell Harry about you moving in so he's been staying here recently".

I looked over at Harry. We had met before in passing at some events Eleanor had brought me to. He never really talked to me, I was just Eleanor's little teenage sister who tagged along at events but couldn't drink or do anything fun really. Plus, he was often preoccupied with other... things while I was around. I didn't know anything about him. Certainly not enough to move in with him. After all, this was not part of my "blank slate" vision. 

"I understood that I'd have my new place to myself, I hope you can understand and find other arrangements" I said, making sure to keep my eyeline away from his towel. 

"I moved all my stuff here a week ago and just finished unpacking, I'll find a new place but give me at least a week" He puffed. 

"A week? You're a millionaire can't you afford an airbnb or hotel?" I whined. 

"It's not about affording love, I need to make arrangements for everything. Trust me, I don't want to be housemates with someone who takes a piss while I'm showering" He grunted it in a serious tone but I swear I heard him stifling a laugh. 

"Well I don't want to share with someone who doesn't lock the door while showering!" I rebutted. 

"I was home alone" he yelled, particularly emphasizing the words home and alone. 

"Stop bickering!" Eleanor yelled. We both silenced immediately. 

"You will be housemates for this week, and this week only. Harry will find new living arrangements by then. Before that, just don't rip each others heads off please." Then she walked away. 

I turned my head to look over at Harry but he had already walked away and began hiking up the stairs. 

How did I end up here? Eleanor made me believe I'd have a fresh start in London. My own house, a new city to find myself in. Now I have to share with a complete stranger, who also happens to be in the most famous boyband in the world. No wonder paparazzi camped outside our door. 

The door swung open and the movers began carrying my boxes into the house. I watched as they carried my things upstairs. 

"Aye, wrong bedroom! The other one is down the hall!" I heard Harry's voice scream from upstairs. 

I inhaled deeply. London was still a fresh slate and nobody, certainly not Harry Styles is getting in my way. 

I got a towel from the kitchen and wiped away the puddle of water Harry left on the hardwood floor.