05 - when the world is watching

Eleanor left once it started to get dark, I watched her headlights fade into the distance through my bedroom window. Then I watched the more cars pass by and the sky get darker. Unlike back home, you couldn't see the stars at night. But, when I unfocussed my eyes the blinking streetlights and sparkling skyscrapers almost began to mimic the twinkling night sky. It still wasn't the same. 

I hadn't spoken to Harry since the ordeal that happened when we arrived. I remained in bedroom, and him in his. Occasionally I would jump hearing him open the door to the bathroom or scuffle downstairs. But other than that it was silent. 

I looked around at my new bedroom. It was large enough to fit a king sized bed, a wardrobe and a television with extra room. The walls were stark white and the floors a deep shade of chestnut. It had never been lived in before apart from Eleanor and Louis' friends who would occasionally crash over drunken nights, but you couldn't tell. The room looked overly clean, hospital-like almost with it's all white furniture and perfectly stainless state. I sighed turning away from the window and slumping into my mattress which was the only thing in the room that belonged to me. Everything else remained in labelled carboard boxes downstairs but I'd rather be without furniture then have to talk to Harry again. 

He was just not what I was expecting when I came here. 

This was not what I was expecting when I came here. 

Living in a completely new city in a house that didn't feel like a home. Eleanor was in the same city but still felt far away, still left to be with Louis at the end of the day. Paparazzi standing by my door watching my every move. 

I walked over to my window looking down at the crowd of people below. It had been hours but they remained stuck at their station like soldiers. Just then I made eye contact with one of the women below. She had bright red hair which laid below her camera strap. She yelled something out gaining the attention of all the people around her. Suddenly, kaleidoscope colours swirled across my vision as camera flashes rapidly blinked my way. 

They were photographing me. 

I reached over to the blinds as fast as I could and shut them swiftly. Still, they were translucent and the twinkling of the lights bled into my room violently. I ran to my mattress, pulling my blanket fully over my head, hiding from it all. 

I came here to run away from the world, but now the whole world is watching me. 

"Oh my god

My jumped open as a voice ripped me from my sleep. I followed the deep voice to find Harry standing over my body in serial-killer like fashion. 

"What are you doing in here!" I screamed. My hands gripped onto my duvet cover as quickly as I could in hopes to shield my barely clothed body from his gaze. 

"Look at this shit" he spat turning his phone towards me.

His screen displayed an article posted by TMZ. Across the top in big red bold letters read:

HARRY STYLES MOVES IN WITH MYSTERY GIRL

Below it was a spliced image of Harry entering the front door with the movers and me standing in the window last night. 

My eyes widened further than I thought humanly possible. I read and re-read the text on the screen hoping that they would change. Silently praying that it was all my imagination, but after two minutes of an unmoving stare, I realized it was real. 

"What the hell are we gonna do about that"