chapter 9

After last night, I felt refreshed

After last night, I felt refreshed. All of us got closer and it felt good to let go of hate for a night. When everyone left I thought a lot that night. About how I am, my future, my relationships. I need to stop being that scared girl or the girl that constantly needs protection from her fears. I will be stronger. I will fight for what I believe in and I will fight for myself and those I care about. I won't hate northsiders unless they give me a reason to hate them. I will be more positive. I will stop hating myself for what happened with Maxx. Today will start my new beginning. I will be a new and improved Victoria Jones.
The next morning the bright sunlight peaks through my window and I wake up and I'm happy. I don't feel tired. I feel perfectly awake and I don't dread the day before it begins. I walk out of my room and I see Jughead drinking coffee and I smile and sit next to him. He looks at me confused. "Someone seems to be in a good mood." He says with a slight smile and I smirk at him. "It's a new day Juggy. Why not go in it with a positive attitude." I say and Jughead grabs my face. "Are you high?" He says joking around and I hit his hand and we both laugh.
"Come on Jug. Let's go into this day positive." I say and he nods. "Let's try Toria." He says and I smile. We get ready and we drive his bike to school. We walk up to our friends and make chit chat. Everyone seemed to be in a really good mood from last night. It was freshening for all of us. Just to mess around and laugh with friends. We don't get to do that very often. We all were hanging out in the hallway when we saw more cops walking through the halls of Southside?
"Is this another raid?" Gianna asks getting ready to run. "You haven't heard? They found the Sugarman." She says as I see my English teacher walk out smirking at Jughead with handcuffs behind his back. Jughead looks shocked. I knew they were close. "Caring English teacher by day, ruthless drug dealer by night." Jughead says with his thinking glare. "I'm sorry Juggy." I say and he smiles. "Don't worry Toria." I smile and we all just kinda ignore what happened. We all sat with each other at lunch and us and other serpents were just messing around.
Then we all hear a announcement. "As of right now Southside High is closed. You all will be separated into different schools across the district." He says. Everyone gets happy and everyone just runs out of the school. All the Serpents were howling and cheering and the Ghoulies were just downing more Jingle Jangle. Jughead looks confused after all the excitement calms down and we start walking to my house. "So where will we be going?" He says and Sweet Pea speaks up. "Riverdale. That will be a hell of a show." He says with a smirk. We all softly laugh. "We all gotta keep our cools. Riverdale is a lot better than Southside High, we just gotta hope all the rich kids stay off our asses." Gianna says and I nod. "Let's hope no one screws with us that much." And with that Toni scoffs. "Thinking they won't mess with us is a very fairytale thing of you Jones." Toni says and I laugh and shrug. "Good thing there won't be any Ghoulies there. They will probably be dropping out." Gianna says looking at me discretely and I nod. "Yeah good thing.." I say.
We all get back to my house and we all chill out and watch some tv. Then my dad and Fp walk in. I jump up and run and hug my dad and he laughs softly and spins me. When he puts me down I hug FP and he smiles. "I missed you, you little squirt." Fp says knowing that nickname annoys me and I push his shoulder lightly. "Haha, funny uncle Forsythe." I say and he smiles. I hug my dad again. "I missed you dad." He says and he stroked my hair. "I missed you too sweetheart." He says and I smile. We pull aways and everyone is greeting my father and Fp and Jughead is happy beyond words. "I have to retire from the serpents, parole days so." He says and we all look confused. "Your father will be the new serpent king. He has always been my right hand man." I smile at the thought of that. My father will be Southside royalty.
"That's great dad!" I say with a smile and he smiles back. "We will host a party dad." Jughead says and FP nods. "Can I talk to my niece, son and brother alone?" FP says with a serious face and everyone nods and leaves. "Victoria I think you'd want to sit down." My dad says and I nod and I sit down next to Jughead on the couch and My father and FP sit on chairs across from us. Jughead was already a serpent at this point. "Look, Victoria. We've tried to get you out of doing the dance for so long now. People will realize that you've never done it, I'd say just do it for... like the celebration. Of your uncle retiring." My dad said with a confident smile. I give him a double take look. "I have to do that sexist dance?!" I scream. "People will realize you haven't done it before and it will be bad for you and your father. It will make them think he doesn't follow the rules." Fp says raising his voice at me and I scoff and get up. "Screw this." I get up and storm out. Everyone else was waiting outside and they go to catch up to me. "Get the hell away from me."
I scream with my arms up and they back up, even Sweet Pea. He looks more confused then hurt. They all do. My dad runs out to me. "Victoria wait!" I run off and I was faster than him. Mostly because I'm young, I have long legs and amazing stamina. I run to a place where some serpents hang out. I say my hellos and I just sit there. I used to do this at the rare times me and my father would fight. They were smoking a blunt and I got up. "Can I take a hit?" I say looking at the kid in his bloodshot eyes. "Victoria Jones? You want a hit?" He says confused and I put my fingers out to grab it. He takes a long drag and gives it to me. I take it and take a long hit.
I have smoked a couple times before so I'm not weak to this. I take another long hit and give it back. "Want to borrow some eye drops?" He asks and I nod. He gives me them. I give him five dollars. "Go buy yourself some new ones. They don't work for you too well." I say and I just walk away. Periodically I put eye drops in to make my eyes look less bloodshot. I just walk the streets of the Southside. I hear bikes behind me. It's Sweet Pea and Gianna. I stop and look at them. "Why did you run off?" Sweet Pea says and I shake my head. "They want me to preform that stupid serpent dance." I say and Gianna's eyes widen because she knows I haven't done it before.
She did it when she was 14, a month before her 15th birthday. She is really the outgoing one in the friendship. "Well if you did it once before why do they want you to do it again?" He asks and I look around. "Well I kinda never did it." I say. I am a bit more ballsy when I'm high. "Wait you never did it?" He asks and I nod. He then looks at my face careful and grabs my face and looks at my eyes. "Are you stoned?" He asks and I nod. "It takes the edge off." I say and Gianna looks like she's uncomfortable. "How did you get high?" He says confused. "I know some stoners. Gave me some eyedrops." I say holding them up. He sighs and strokes his raven hair back and looks at Gianna. She gives him a look and shrugs her shoulders. "Put in some more eye drops. Your dad wants you home." He says with a soft tone and I roll my eyes. I put some more eye drops in and I get on the back of his bike. I wrap my arms around his waist. The smell from his jacket was very satisfying. We start riding back to my house. Now to discuss that dance.
And I know I will be forced to preform that dance.

Hello people. I know she isn't acting like off her mind most people I know that gets high are calm and their personality arent like changed. So that's how I wrote her lmfao. Sooo get ready for next chapter it will have a lot 🤪 I'm also probably gonna write longer chapters for now on. Enjoy vote and comment!! :) and I also saw someone early who was voting I love you thank you for voting be my friend thank you