chapter 15

My first day at my new school

My first day at my new school. Riverdale High. Thankfully no Ghoulies will be at that school so anyone with some type of vendetta against me because of Maxx won't be at school. I also think I want to try out for cheer too. Gianna is against it but I really have wanted to be a cheerleader. Jug wasn't fond of the idea because he thinks the captain Cheryl Blossom will be rude to me or something. I have thick skin she won't be able to hurt me too bad. The few serpents that lived in the Riverdale area walked in behind Jughead and Sweet Pea and Fangs, Gianna Toni and I behind them. I stood directly behind Sweet Pea because Jughead told us that the football players are real dickheads and that gets me kinda intimidated.
Surprising right?
We walk up to the little table where Archie, Veronica, the mayors daughter, and the sheriffs son stood.
"Friends." Veronica starts and smiles. "On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school." I smile and look at Veronica and she smiles back. I was never mad at her, just Archie. "To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, class schedules and a list of sports and extra curricular's. We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is, fair Riverdale." I smile and Jughead looks at me and I look excited. Suddenly we hear a girl scream from what sounded like coming from the stairs.
"Stand down Eva Pirrone." A red head girl says who I took to be Cheryl Blossom.
Here we go.
She walks down the stairs with a jock looking boy with football players and cheerleaders behind them. Veronica rolls her eyes and looks back at us and I move closer to Sweets just because I felt like someone was gonna make him pop off. "There is the school spirit I fondly remember." Jughead says and I held in my laugh. He can be funny sometimes.
"Cheryl, no one invited fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica says staring Cheryl down. "Wrong Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school." She says then pauses and looks at us. I see Gianna and Toni get tense like they are gonna pounce.
Here we go once again!
"Listen up ragamuffins, I will not allow Riverdale's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with... under achievers. So please do us all a favor and find some other school to deface with your hard scrabble ways." She says and that makes Gianna pop off. "You think you're hot shit red head?" She says stepping forward. And Toni steps toward as well. "How about you come over here and say that to our faces." Toni says while Gianna and her walk forward to the red head. "Happily queen of the buskers." Cheryl says stepping forward and Archie and the other boy move between them. "Okay everyone, can we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over?" Archie suggests and I smile softly. I nod and he sees and smiles at me. "A new slate?" He says looking at both groups of teens when the other boy who I didn't recognized spoke up.
"You don't speak for the bull dogs Andrews and need I remind you, these greaser snakes showed up at your place, trying to kick your ass." He got cut off by Sweet Pea and pushes past everyone. "Happy to finish what we started." He says while Toni, Fangs Jughead and I hold him back.
Veronica started to look pissed and spoke up. "I'm so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now!" She says and the principle breaks it apart. "Everyone let's get to class." He says and when I walk past Cheryl I see Gianna bump shoulders with her and everyone just disburses. Sweets and I had half of our classes together and lunch. Everyone had lunch together and I had 2 classes with Jughead and 1 class alone, without any Serpents. I braced myself thinking the worst. Almost everyone here hates us. Not almost, everyone hates us. I sigh and Sweet Pea walks me to my first period class. "Good luck Tori." He says and I smile and nod. "Good luck Sweets" I smile at him and I walk in the first class of the day which was science. I don't have it with anyone I know. I walk up to the teacher. "Hi, I'm new where should I sit?" I say in my nicest voice and she looks up and smiles. "You can sit with Reggie over there." She points to a desk with that boy from this morning. Are you joking?
I think in my head. I smile back. "Thank you." I go and sit down. I keep my gaze towards the front of the class not wanting to make a deal with the anti serpent boy next to me. I felt his gaze toward me. "Didn't you get beat up?" He whispers and I look at him confused. "What?" I say and he repeats himself. "You got beat up by some other Southsider right?" He says and I nod. "Yeah I almost died."  I whispered and I saw him nod and I look forward again.
"Are you with that bean stalk kid?" He asks and I look at him. "Who?" "That boy who tried to lunged at me. He walked you to class." He says and I shook my head. "We are just good friends." I say and I look back at the teacher. She hands out the assignment and I get everything together while Reggie texts another kid in the class. We were in chemistry but we were starting with small stuff. The teacher told me earlier they were just getting into mixing chemicals but nothing too crazy.
I start mixing everything together and I basically do all the work.
I turned my head for a second and Reggie was gone and the glass exploded and the liquid went all over me and so did the glass. A little piece of class scratched my cheek. I heard Reggie and his friend laughing and his friend recorded it. Reggie must've messed with the heat. I felt like yelling and crying now because the whole class is laughing at me except the Sheriffs son. The teacher comes over and helps me clean up. "C-Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask and the teacher let's me go. I give Reggie and death stare and I grab my back and rushes out into the bathroom. I start crying and I just clean my cheek.
I also try to clean my stained shirt. Thank god I had my serpent jacket off. Suddenly I hear someone walk in. Cheryl. I see her open her mouth about to say something and I shake my head. "Please, if you have any kindness just leave me alone. This school fucking sucks and I just want to go home." I say starting to cry again and cleaning my shirt. "I'm surprised, I thought the Jones' were a tough family." She says and I turn around fast and I made her jump. "Look just leave me the hell alone, please just leave me alone."
I say raising my voice and she nods and just fixes her hair. I just pick up my jacket and put it on and zipper it and my blade falls out she sees it and looks shocked. "I'm not gonna use it on anyone, I got jumped and I'm not trying to get jumped again." I say putting my knife in my backpack and she looks confused. I fix myself and I walk back to class. "Did you get all the chemicals off?" Reggie taunts and I go to storm over and hurt him and the sheriffs son grabs my arm and pulls me back and whispers in my ear.
"You'll get suspended and even worse expelled. Just back off. They don't like Jones very much at this school." He day and I turn around and take a deep breathe and nod. "What's your name?" I ask and he smiles. "Kevin Keller." He says and I smile. "Did you know Joaquin DeSantos?" I ask and he smiles softly. "He would always hype you up. I used to be friends with him." I say and he smiles. "Really?" He says and I smile. "Yes, he really liked you kevin." He smiles and nods. "Aren't you Jugheads cousin?" He asks and I nod. "Does everyone know me as Jughead's Cousin?" I say with a small laugh and he smiles and shakes his head. "No you guys just look like identical twins." He says and I look st him confused. "We look nothing alike."
"I know I was just kidding." He says and I laugh. "We will be great friends." I say to him and he nods.
And then the bell for the period ending rings.

First day of school🤪🤪 I hope you guys enjoyed I made Kevin and Victoria friends but Reggie and her will have a development trust me. Okay thank you for reading vote and comment!!