chapter 23

The next day I wasn't dreading anything

The next day I wasn't dreading anything. I had Sweet Pea and he was mine. Sweets and I drove to school together the next day. Kevin was telling everyone how he was going to direct the play Carrie. Sweets and I didn't want to do it but Toni and Fangs were doing it and Gianna was gonna be stage crew. Cheryl was really excited because she was gonna try out for the roll of Carrie.
The only thing I could think about was Sweet Pea. He was always on my mind, even more now. Just the fact I can call him mine makes me so happy. During all our classes that we share we'd just stare at each other and smile. It wasn't in a awkward way we were just happy we were together. We were happy we shared our emotions with each other.
After a few days it was the day of the play. We decided to go to go support. Kevin let me and Sweets sit with him and Jughead. The play was going good and the whole time me and Sweets were holding hands the whole time. Betty's mom was singing. Why was a mom in the play? I just chose not to question it. After awhile Carrie was starting to show and when I saw the girl my heart sank. She was murdered. It wasn't makeup. Sweet Pea looks at me with wide eyes and grabs my hand tighter and pulls me into a hug.
"Sweets she's dead." I say in a whisper and I feel him nod. We stand up everyone starts freaking out. I just hold Sweet Peas hand tightly and he rubs my hand with his thumb. We go to find Toni, Fangs and Gianna. Jughead meets up with us and the group of us leave. We were all really freaked out. Fangs looked the most terrified but I didn't say anything. We knew the blackhood wouldn't attack us, well everyone but Jughead at least. "I-I will be back." Jughead says leaving. I just look over to Sweet Pea and he holds my hand and squeezes it.
After a couple days Jughead runs up to us in school. "Where is Fangs?" He asks frantically and I look at Sweets. "Jug we haven't seen him what's going on?" I ask and we hear the principle call him down. We walked and ran into Fangs. "What the hell?!" He says in a scared voice. "How did it get out?" He asks and I look at him confused. "We are gonna get you out of here let's go." Jughead says with us behind him when we hear Reggie scream. "You're dead Vixen killer!" He says with that dark circle group running towards us. I grab onto Sweet Pea and Toni and Gianna run up to us. I could tell Gianna was hurt.
"Mr. Fogarty! I'm gonna need you to come with us." Says the new sherif. "I didn't do anything." Fangs says turning around but the dark circle walks up to him and traps him in between the cops and them and Fangs makes a run for the way through the cops and they grab him. When they are pinning him against the wall his knife slips out of his pocket. I look at Sweet Pea and I know he's hurt. "Leave him alone you jackasses!!" Gianna screams crying her heart out. I grab her and hold her back and she hugs me and cries. They threw Fangs to the ground next to his knife with aggression and handcuffed him. "Hey leave him alone!" I scream and I grab the new sheriffs hand and then he grabs mine tightly and gets in my face. "Unless you want to join us I'd back up." He says and he grips my hand alittle harder before letting go and I wince and hold my wrist and Sweet Pea reaches out. "He didn't do anything wrong!!" He screams and I hold him back and I start crying.
Fangs wouldn't hurt anyone, on purpose at least. He's like a teddy bear. He is just a teen who wants to hang out with his friends and have a good time. And now he is getting blamed for a murder. Plus no offense to him but he isn't even that smart to kill someone like that. I just go up to Sweet Pea and I cry in his chest and he hugs me tight. Then I hear someone crash on the ground and it was Gianna. She was losing it. I run up to her and get a grip on her and hold her head and I make her look at me.
"Fangs is strong he will be okay. There is loopholes we can get through we just need a good lawyer." I say looking at Jughead for support and he nods. Gianna nods but doesn't stop crying. Toni and Sweets now confronts her and I pull Jughead aside. "What happened Juggy?" I say with my voice low and he looks down. "There was some footage, of Fangs and that girl Midge together on the night of her death in her dressing room. It didn't really help Fangs on his part because he made everything look suspicious." He says and I nod and I look at Gianna and she is still heart broken. I walk over again and we just left school not caring about consequences just wanting to visit Fangs. We saw Fang's bike and Gianna said she's ride it if I rode hers and I agreed.
We all went to my house and she broke down again. I hugged her and she just sobbed in my ear. "I-I don't want him to get hurt." She says in between sobs and I rub her back still in the hug. "He will be okay. Fangs will get out soon. He didn't kill anyone." I say comforting her and she pulls away and nods and wipes her tears. "How about we all just figure out a plan for Fangs." I suggest and everyone nods. "I can get the old Mayor to maybe he his lawyer." Jug suggests and I nod. "Go get on that Jug." He nods and leaves.
After he leaves we all sit there in silence.  Sweets and I showed no affection I just guess we were all processing this.
I'm just hoping we all get out of this alive.

Sooooo I had to do this. Next chapter will be probably what you're suspecting. So get ready for that bc it's gonna be ALOT. Enjoy lmfao vote and comment