Can Divit : "Bun, Beard, Bling & Buff"

I'm back from Sri Lanka, and despite the accident, I have a new sense of purpose and plan to pursue my art and how to spend my life!

..

While I was at the hospital recuperating for a month, I had let two things happen - my hair is a bit longer and my mustache and beard have grown out.... Velu joked that I look like a cross between a bear and a lion, how apropos!

I've always been in good physical shape playing basketball, but the almost two month long illness took a toll on me. So, as soon as I returned home, I started to hit the gym to build endurance and core strength with weights, swimming laps and learning to box.... the buffness is just a side effect!

..

..

Even though I was unsure about the moonstones and their magic... since having them,  I have tremendously changed my opinion, thanks to them, I suppose!   When I hold the stones, I feel focused and enlightened..... be it their energy or adularescence , they call to me, somehow!

I start to research the meanings behind gemstones, crystals, metals, lava rocks, etc. Never one to wear much jewelry in the past, I feel a bit empowered wearing necklaces, wrist cuffs and rings made with those materials. I like the touch of silver on my skin and fidgeting with the metal and leather cuffs....they channel my impatience!

I usually dress in a lot of neutrals, black, white, grays, browns, blues and greens... and so for a pop of color, I start wearing bandanas around my neck, ankles or forearms..... it creates a bit of a feminine touch as though I've been dressed by a woman, strange!

The beard makes me look manly and grownup... and having long hair makes me feel wiser than my years, it's a sort of defense mechanism making me look rugged and a bit distant!

Each accessory I buy holds special meaning to me.... and wearing them is giving me new ideas, a creative outlet and defining my energy! Some of my favorite pieces are the silver albatross necklace and the albatross onyx ring that I wear on my pinkie finger! They've sort of become my signature pieces and I mix and match with others depending on my mood.

..

..

My dad comments on my changing appearance in jest.... and asks me if I'm on some penance or wish fulfillment or it was another rebellious move on my part. I assure him it's all of the above.... and he looks at me proudly and says that he loves the metamorphosis, cocoon to butterfly, as he put it!

..

..

If art is about self-expression, I'm expressing a lot with my appearance, this is the new me... and I'm starting to look like the brute savage that I feel on the inside!