Sanem Soysal, Circa 2018: "The Divine Mr. Divit"

Author's Note : 'Bey' is 'Mr.' in Turkish. Based on fan requests, this is a rare one I've written from Sanem's POV

=---------- =---------- =---------- =---------- =----------=

Until a few months ago, my work and life began and ended in the mahalle, our home and the grocery store, where I knew everyone and everyone knew me! I've always dreamt of going to the Galapagos and traveling the world... but I've not had the opportunity to do it!

Baba has been a bit sick lately and I'm happy to take the store and the stress off his hands.... he's worked too hard to take care of us and it's my turn to help and give him relief! Added to that, the store has been leveraged in debt to take care of his medical expenses and it's been difficult on our family!

Somedays I feel absolutely helpless and unable to help my family financially! What is it that I can do to help them.. I wonder?! I've been focusing on writing and re-writing my romance novel, and for some reason, I Can't get the Albatross perfectly how I would like him... hmm!

..

My childhood fanatic aka Muzzo is bothering me more than I can imagine! He has access to me literally 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.... and it's becoming increasingly more traumatic by the day. Now it's so bad, he wants to marry me with or without my permission!

I have to leave this circle and become independent in life, period!

..

Leyla, very reluctantly, is taking me the agency she works for an admin position they have open. My responsibilities will be to take care of the employees needs. I have to make photocopies, run errands, bring them things and manage the kitchen!

..

I've never seen a place like the agency, there's 100s of people working here.... it's so lively, happening, full of energy and everyone is very friendly!

..

Leyla introduces me to Aziz Bey & his son Emre Bey, and it's a bit strange.... he's getting fitted for a suit, in his office, I've never seen anything like it before! Entirely by accident, they learn about my eidetic memory and Emre Bey even tests me from the latest magazine.

I like Aziz Bey immediately; he has such an infectious laugh, a very kind face and open manners, he makes me the official "magazine girl" for the agency and addresses me as "daughter". Then he also invites me to the party they're having later that night for the agency's 40th anniversary celebration.

I've met almost everyone today and made fast friends with Ceycey. He's nice, a bit quirky and dresses funny but he has taken me under his wing.... he almost feels like an older brother!

..

I keep hearing that Aziz Bey has another son, Can Bey, a world traveler and adventure photographer, a "phenomenon", per Ceycey.

..

..

It's my second day on the job and I'm beginning to scope the kitchen. There's a lot of varieties of coffee but no Turkish tea! How strange... doesn't anyone drink tea anymore?