Sanem & Can Divit, July 2019: "Tarzan and Lady Jane"

Since the day I met her, Sanem has been an accident magnet and a natural born klutz! I jarringly  remember the time she jumped over the fence, crashed into the glass wall, the numerous slips and falls... but I'm glad about the countless times that she's bumped into my arms, ready for me to catch her!  

Then came the serious dangers like being shoved in an altercation, hitting her head and passing out, almost slipping off a cliff, falling into a hunters pit, not to mention the near misses with vehicles and that one incident which we'd both like to forget!

I see us as the perfect Yin & Yang ... complementary and inseparable, moving in tandem like magnets and bonded for life! Hey, I'm just stating the obvious... I love that it's my duty to take care of her.... I was born for that job!

..

As wilderness bathing is in my DNA, as soon we were able to, I take her hiking, kayaking, fishing and camping. For the most part, the sojourns have been incident free with minor slips, scratches, bites and cuts. If my gear had basic first-aid before, now its on steroids, I've upgraded my backpack from 30l to 80l overnight! I don't want her to carry anything, just herself.... and well, all that gym time is now serving a very real and invaluable purpose!

I'm always attuned to her but being in the wild has made it additionally distinctive for me! I'm the hunter-gatherer-savage, her one true protector against the perils of the world; in the truest sense I reciprocate saving her body as she does preserving my soul!

Being together in the wilderness, just the two of us, has been simply divine! I pace our activity so that she has energy at the end of the day  to write her romance novel,  for us to cook and eat, relax and talk, stargaze, kiss and make-out... oh well, we do that all the time! Our evenings together are the most memorable.... huddled together in our sleeping bags, hugging each other for warmth, her essence overpowering me... and we're making love under the stars!

 and we're making love under the stars!

Minus the adorable klutziness, my girl loves the wild.... she just didn't have the chance to explore (thank God!) before I came along! But hey, I get to be more of her firsts... I'm one lucky bastard!!!

After a few trips together, I feel ready to up the ante and plan a serious trip with her. The plan is set  and I can't be more excited for the trip! 

...

Being her first time in Italy, we explore Rome and I take her to all my favorite spots, the Colosseum, Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps. Then we have dinner at the most romantic restaurant in a 1000 year old building, Osteria St. Ana at the Piazza del Popolo. I've been trying to impress her with my Italian skills in more ways than one... cooking, language and making love to my "Cuore e Amore Mio"!