Aziz Divit, "Return of the Prodigal Son"

Author's Request: Please read "Unfamilial" as a precursor to this story to get additional context! 

=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=

Almost 2 years ago, when I left Caan and Emre for my treatment in Cuba, I wasn't sure that I'll be ever seeing them again!  It was one of those goodbyes that none of us, especially Caan, relishes and so it was a nebulous yet copacetic parting of ways on that dock! 

...

I am returning 2 years later....   First off, I'm really glad to survive a life threatening illness,  infinitely  grateful and have a healthy perspective on life at the moment !  It appears my young lions have lived their lives and gone off in diverging paths!

Predictably, Emre is married, I'm hoping really happily, to that darling girl Leyla.  Emre is meeting me today.... and I'm eager to see him and see how he's been living his life!  And even more predictably, Caan is roaming the world on his yacht.... proving that all who wander are not lost or needed to be found! Caan, my wonderful boy!  

Caan always checked in with me occasionally during his travels and since he hadn't in a few months, I was extremely worried and called Remide for help.  Remide had found him in Kayseri and informed him of my return to Istanbul.  

Emre and I catchup and mostly its about Caan and the story of why he's undertaken the nomadic lifestyle! It shocks and saddens me to the core to learn that he had broken up with the love of his life

Emre and I catchup and mostly its about Caan and the story of why he's undertaken the nomadic lifestyle! It shocks and saddens me to the core to learn that he had broken up with the love of his life..... and per Emre, that's what triggered his leaving Istanbul. 

...

I do remember from a year and half ago receiving a call from Caan and he was so so so excited, energized and enlivened. He shared the news with me that he's met the love of his life, his soulmate, the one! He had said he searched for her all over the world and ultimately found her in Istanbul!  BRAVO... Caan I had told him and that I was incandescently and infinitely happy for him and that I would love to meet her, God Willing!