chapter twenty-one

Jungkook's POV

Heat rushes to my cheeks, as well as her's. "JUNGKOOK!"

"UHM, UH, S-SORRY," I stutter, throwing her clothes on the counter and quickly turning to leave the bathroom.

Only to trip over my own feet and land face-first on the ground.

I scramble to get out of the bathroom, and as soon as I do, she slams the bathroom door shut.

I gulp. Well that was embarrassing.

Well at least she was still wearing a towel.

• • •

I focus the camera on an incoming wave, trying to catch the best angle of it. Snap.

I smile to myself. "Yeahhh that's what I'm talking about." I glance at Haru, who's taking a picture of a small bushel of flowers. "Haru come look at this."

She turns and walks toward me, wrapping the strap of the camera over her neck. I turn my camera towards her, and her eyes widen. "Woahh how did you get such a good picture?"

I shrug. "I'm just talented like that."

She rolls her eyes, smiling. "Whatever."

After a moment, I clear my throat. "So uhm, are we gonna talk about what happened this morning back at the-"

"Nope."

I chuckle. "Alright then, whatever you're comfortable with."

I hear someone clear their throat, and we both turn and look.

"Hey Jungkook, I see you're with Haru," Taera says, a sickly sweet smile taking over her face.

"Oh, um, yeah, I am," I awkwardly reply.

"It's such a beautiful day today, isn't it?" she says, linking her arm through mine. What is she doing?

"Yeah, it's nice...I guess."

"So," she pauses, biting her crimson lips, "I was wondering if we could have dinner together tonight? Just the two of us?"

It takes everything in me to not frown in annoyance. "What?"

"Can we go out tonight?"

"Um..." I glance at Haru, waiting for her approval. She briefly nods. "Yeah, sure."

She smiles. "Great! I'll be waiting outside your room at around 8:30, if that's okay with you."

"Okay," is all I say.

"See you later then." She turns and begins walking away. I glance at Haru and notice her expression. She may not seem upset, but I can tell-she's totally upset.

I frown. "Wait, Taera."

She turns around. "Yes?"

"I think...I actually won't be able to make it."

Anger flashes through her eyes. "Oh. How come?"

I glance at Haru, softly smiling. "Haru and I have plans."

{ A / N }

i know i'm the author, but i really, really hate taera😂😂