chapter thirty-nine

Jungkook's POV

We can't help but laugh at how surprised Haru is. "I do, Haru. His name's Yeontan." Taehyung says, smiling.

Yeontan jumps up into her lap, and she lets out an excited squeal. So freaking cute. "How did you not know? You've been here like ten times," I ask, and she shrugs.

She lifts Yeontan up, gently rubbing the tip of her nose against his. "I really don't know how I didn't notice, to be completely honest with you."

Jimin chuckles, "I think Tanie really likes you."

Haru looks up from Yeontan with a small smile, humming. "I used to have a dog when I was younger."

Namjoon tilts his head, "Oh really?"

She nods. "I think I told Jungkook about him once," she turns to me, "Didn't I?"

I stretch my arms back, yawning, "You did. His name was Pocky."

Namjoon giggles, "Aw, Pocky?"

Haru nods, "Mhm. We named him that because his front half was brown and his back half was tan. It was kind of like an ombré effect."

"That's adorable," Jimin says, pushing his hair back, "What happened to him?"

Seokjin punches his shoulder, "What do you think happened to him?" he mumbles, and Jimin's expression changes when he realizes.

He lets out a small, "Oh. I'm sorry."

Haru smiles assuringly, "It's okay. It was a long time ago so I don't remember it that well."

I rest my chin on my hand, feeling my eyes becoming droopy. Seokjin notices and nudges me, "You should go to bed now. You look tired."

"You can spend the night here if you want. You too, Haru."

I hum, "Can we all have a sleepover here tonight?"

Namjoon chuckles, "Sure, buddy."

"You guys can each pick the room you want to stay in, there's almost enough for everyone," Taehyung says before directing his gaze to Haru and I, grinning. "You two can share a room."

I look at Haru and notice her cheeks tint pink, "Hyung..."

He laughs, "What? It's fun teasing you guys."

Seokjin stands up, "I can wash up the dishes, you all can go to bed. It's getting a bit late."

"You're the best," Taehyung says, giving Seokjin a hug.

We all get up, and Haru sets Yeontan down on the floor. He walks over to Taehyung, who leads him to his sleeping area.

"I can help with the dishes, Seokjin," Haru says, picking up some of the empty boxes.

Seokjin picks up some of the glasses, "Are you sure? You seem really tired."