chapter forty-two

Haru's POV

I clench my stomach, slumped on my bed. A half-eaten chocolate bar next to a bottle of water rests on the table next to me. I shiver, but my cramps are far too painful for me to get up and pull my blanket over myself.

It's just me, my apartment, and my period. Seven days of torture. Well, today's my last day, so I don't understand why my cramps are being the actual worst.

I close my eyes, trying to get some rest. Even though it's only 7 pm, I just want to go to sleep so that my dreams can heal my cramps. Or at least distract me from them.

I'm about to be swept away into my sleep when my phone begins ringing. I groan, reaching over to grab it. But as soon as I see the name, my mood lightens up.

"Haru-ssiiiiiiii."

"Jungkook-ahhhhhhh," I respond, my voice muffled by my pillow.

"Is my baby's stomach still hurting?" I can tell he's pouting.

"Yes, and I hate it."

"I'm coming over. And I'm bringing food, blankets, medicine, movies, and a heating pad. Your period has to get through me first before it can hurt you."

I can't help but smile, "I don't want to be a burden-"

"I'm getting in the car," he says, and I hear the sound of a car door shutting.

"God, you're amazing."

"I know I am."

I let out a small laugh, and I hear him chuckle. "You're so annoying. Now hang up, I don't want you to get in an accident because you were talking while driving."

"I'm already on the road though."

I gasp, "Oh my-you idiot, that's not safe! I'm hanging up."

He laughs, "Okay I'm sorry! I'll hang up first. Love you!" He quickly hangs up the phone, and I chuckle to myself.

How does a person manage to be so annoying but be so dang cute at the same time? And even though he said it in a rush, his little 'love you' rings in my head.

Who knew that two small words could hold so much meaning?

In just a few moments, I hear the doorbell ring. I muster up the strength to get up and rush over to the door. I open it up and find Jungkook standing there with the dorkiest smile on his face. He's holding two different black bags that are overflowing with things.

I stare at them, then look back at him, "How did you get all of this and get here so fast?"

"Because I have super powers," he says, keeping his smile plastered on his face.

I sigh, running my fingers through my hair with a smile, "Come inside, those bags look heavy."

As soon as he sets the things down on the dining room table, I wrap my arms around his neck, tilting my head up to look at him. "Thank you for coming over."

"Looks like someone's feeling extra soft today, huh?" he wraps his arms around my waist to pull me closer, grinning.

I feel a sense of déjà vu as I stare into his eyes, remembering the time we had to do a photoshoot together because of the tattoo. I remember thinking his eyes were pretty then, but now, they're absolutely enchanting. Every star in the universe is captured into his caramel eyes, two dazzling orbs of light.

He lightly bumps his forehead against mine, "You're in a trance now, aren't you? I'm just too attractive."

I let out a laugh, and his eyes crinkle as his smile widens. I swear to you, every time he smiles, another star forms in the sky. "You're so annoying oh my goodness."

He chuckles, and I feel his body vibrate against mine. "Haru?"

"Hm?"

"You know when I said 'love you' on the phone, I really did mean it," he pauses, breaking into a small, heartwarming smile, "I love you, Haru."

I feel my heart swell with euphoria, heat rushing to my face. I love him, so, so much. I love everything about him-his smile, his laugh, his eyes, his hair, his tattoos, his piercings, his bunny teeth, his little beauty marks, his innocence-everything.

I don't think before bringing my lips to his, putting all of my feelings into this one connection of our lips. He moves his hands from my waist to my face, gently cupping it and deepening the kiss.

I pull away, our noses still lightly brushing against each other. "I love you too," I whisper.

He chuckles softly, before locking our lips together again.

{ A / N }

aghhh i'm sorry if i'm doing too much romantic stuff
lmao i'm just trying to keep things happy 😔🤧