chapter thirty-one

Jungkook's POV

She looks like a goddess.

No, she is a goddess.

Her silky dark hair hangs down in gentle waves-a style that I've actually never seen her wear. The dress hugs her perfectly in the right places, elegant but sexy at the same time.

A layer of tinted red lipstick coats her lips, and her cheeks are more rosy than normal. Even though she's not wearing much makeup, she still manages to look flawless.

I think I might even prefer how she looks without makeup.

She assured that she would be fine in a pair of heels, even though I knew she would be complaining of blisters later. But it's okay, she's the birthday girl after all.

But my favorite part of her attire is the fact that her tattoo can still be seen. It's shining brightly, beaming at the world.

She stands in front of the mirror, slipping a pair of shining studs into her ears.

"Looks like someone's got eyes for you, Haru," Hoseok says on the phone, grinning.

Naturally, the others start freaking out, too. I glance at Haru who's smiling, blushing hard.

"Shut up, I'm only fixing my bow tie," I lie, and Jimin bursts out laughing.

"He's trying to look good for his date," Seokjin says, winking.

Haru giggles. "It's not a date, Jin."

"I think from now on I'm only gonna voice call you guys and not use FaceTime," I mumble, earning a laugh from everyone, including Haru.

Yoongi huffs, "He was saying the truth though. This is basically a date. You're wearing a suit and tie and she's wearing a dress. And where are you guys going?"

Taehyung answers for us, "A five-star restaurant next to the beach where only rich people go to."

The guys laugh as Yoongi continues, "So, it's a date."

Haru rolls her eyes, smiling, "We're only going out because it's my birthday, guys."

"Mhm, you sure about that?" Taehyung teases.

I sigh, "You guys are such kids, oh my gosh."

Haru grabs her clutch, smacking her lips together. "You ready, Kook?"

Namjoon gasps, "Did you just call him Kook?"

"I think we should send them on more trips like this," Jimin says, snickering.

Taehyung chuckles, "You guys got really close, huh?"

I bite back a smile, "Maybe we did. Now shut up."

Seokjin winks, "Okay, you guys have fun on your date-"

"It's not a date," Haru and I say at the same time, earning a laugh from the guys.