chapter thirty-six

Jungkook's POV

Sand begins coating the ground as I get closer to the beach next to our hotel.

The cement ground drops down to the sand with a flight of stairs. I scan the area, moonlight and stars lighting the atmosphere.

I scan my eyes across the area, and sure enough, I find Haru sitting on the steps.

The light of the moon shines on her face, highlighting her cheekbones, nose, and lips. Her dark hair flows down in gentle waves, contrasting her white shirt.

I gulp, slowly approaching her. "Haru?"

She quickly looks up and sees me, standing up. "Oh, it's you."

I nod, "Yeah." I gaze at her for a moment as she walks up the stairs and onto the same ground as me. "You looked kind of startled back in the hotel room."

She shakes her head, "No I'm..." a tear slips out, "I'm fine."

It's understandable that Haru's still upset about what happened earlier, but right now this is different. She's upset about something else.

"No you're not," I say, taking her hand in mine. "What's wrong? Is it something I said?"

She shakes her head again, turning her head away. "No Jungkook, it's nothing."

I use my other hand to cup her face, gently turning it back towards me. "Haru," I brush her tears away with my thumb, "Tell me what's wrong."

Haru's POV

I try to hold back my tears, but they keep coming. I stare into his galaxy eyes filled with worry and a million different emotions.

All the feelings I had been suppressing inside of me are all coming out now, hitting me full-force. Every little thing he's done tonight-the little smiles he gave me, the times he's held my hand, the times he's gazed at me for no reason at all, and now, the way he's cupping my face-they're all inciting my heart, stirring my emotions into one large hurricane.

"Haru?" he says softly, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Jungkook I..."

"Baby, what is it?" he asks, bending down to look directly at me.

"I don't know what's been happening I just..everything that's happened tonight is bringing out all of these feelings and," I feel more tears come out of my eyes, "I just don't want to ruin our friendship because it's something that I really, really do appreciate Jungkook and I don't want to mess anything up."

"Haru," Jungkook whispers.

"I'm sorry and I know that you probably won't ever feel the same way but please, Jungkook I don't want to mess anything up between us. Just..." I pause, voice trembling, "Please don't hate me." I whisper.

"Haru," he says softly, lips curving into a small smile, "I thought you knew better."

"W-What do you mean?"

Without warning he cups my face with both hands, roughly pressing his lips against mine.

My eyes widen in shock as he stands back up, keeping our lips connected. My heart pounds in my chest as he slowly pulls away, eyes fluttering open.

I try to speak, words stuck in my throat. I feel my legs go numb as I start to lose my balance, my breath sharp with surprise. He wraps one arm around my waist and brings me closer to him, keeping one hand on my face.

I open my mouth to speak, but he closes it with another kiss, this one softer. I let my eyes close as our lips begin moving together in motion, feeling his lips curve into a smile.

{ A / N }

i've been waiting for this moment for way too long

and cmon euphoria fits this chapter to the T