chapter forty-five

"Could you hand me the sugar?" Jungkook asks, looking at the recipe on his phone.

"Are you sure you can make this? Crème brûlée's pretty fancy," I respond, handing him the container of sugar.

"Don't-" he stops, coughing into his arm. I haven't stopped noticing these coughing fits that he's had.

All of the medicine he takes doesn't clearly state any health condition he could possibly have. He keeps insisting that the cough is a seasonal thing, but after what happened to him on the airplane that one time, I don't think it's just a cough.

"Don't worry, I've made crème brûlée before, believe it or not," he says, opening the jar of sugar. But when I don't respond, he turns to me, "What's wrong?"

"You know what's wrong," I respond, furrowing my brows.

His eyes soften, and he places his hands on my shoulders. "Haru, baby listen. Do you think I would lie to you? I'm not sick and I don't have any kind of illness. Please, stop worrying about me."

I clench my jaw, wanting to believe him. "Fine, I believe you, happy? But just know that you won't be doing either of us a favor if you're lying."

He sighs, pulling me into his embrace. He rests his chin on my head, "I'm not lying to you, I promise." He pulls away and kisses my forehead, "Now no more worrying about me. Hang out in the living room while I finish making this for us, okay?"

I nod and walk to the living room, not saying anything. I gulp as I sit down on the couch, wanting to believe what he said in the kitchen.

Jungkook wouldn't lie to me...right?

• • •

"I didn't know you knew so much about Disney movies," I say, putting my hair up into a bun.

"Please, just because I watched Aladdin before you doesn't mean I know everything about Disney."

I giggle, "You knew all the lyrics of A Whole New World and I didn't."

"In my defense, it's a really good song."

I laugh in response.

After eating the crème brûlée, Jungkook and I decided to watch a movie.

It helped me get my mind off of what had happened earlier. Maybe he's right, maybe I am just overthinking everything.

"You know, you don't see like the type of guy to be into Disney movies," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He smiles, wrapping his arms around my waist, "What are you trying to say, hm?"

I bite my lip, grinning, "Nothing."

He sighs, "You really do have a habit of biting your lip."

"Do I?"

He tilts his head, playing with the ring on his lip, "Is it a habit or is it something else?"

I giggle, "Why else would I be doing this, hm?"

"You know why, Haru. Stop biting your lip like that."

"Make me."

"I didn't know you were this desperate for a punishment, Haru," he says, pinning me
against the wall.

I stare at him for a moment, his eyes flickering with a mysterious sparkle.

Then I snort. "I cannot take you seriously right now."

He smirks, "I knew you would say that."

"At this point, you're too cute for me to be intimidated by you."

"You just haven't seen the other side of me."

I giggle, "What other side-"

He crashes his lips against mine, tasting like caramel and sugar.

Unlike his usual soft kisses, he moves his lips roughly against mine, burying his hands in my hair.

He lifts me up as I wrap my legs around his waist, carrying me to the bed.

Adrenaline pulses through my veins as his lips move down to my jaw, leaving a trail of purple marks down to my collarbone.

He pulls away, now straddling my body. His eyes trail down to my side, where my tattoo is now peaking through.

After a moment, he returns his mesmerizing gaze back onto mine. "Forget the tattoo; it's time for me to really mark my territory."

{ A / N }

ok so this one was for the people who wanted
something other than soft content :)

also i hope the song fit the mood of this
chapter pFt