chapter twenty-four

Haru's POV

That idiot.

There wasn't any banana milk down there at all. I literally just wasted my time going down to the lobby, walking around, finding nothing, and now coming back up.

There's a convenient store right across the street that probably has some, but I'm not necessarily in the mood to go out at 11 pm just to get some banana milk.

That baby can wait.

I quietly laugh to myself as I approach the room, starting to realize how dumb of a request that was. Seriously. Out of all things, he asks for banana milk.

Well, I kinda see why. That stuff's amazing.

I pull the key card out of my pocket and slide the card in the slot, and the light blinks green. I swing the door open.

Then immediately wish I didn't.

I gasp, dropping the the key card.

Taera has him pinned against the wall, hands buried in his hair. Their lips are madly connected, bodies pressed against each other.

I'm frozen.

Leave, Haru. Move. Right now. Go. Stop standing here and just leave.

My brain is screaming at me, telling me to leave. But I can't move. I'm paralyzed with shock. With horror.

Jungkook pushes Taera away and turns to me, eyes widened. "H-Haru-"

My body starts working again. "Oh um, s-sorry I didn't mean to come in like this. I should've knocked b-but-I'll just leave now."

He quickly approaches me, trying to grip my shoulders. "No, Haru listen this isn't-"

I find myself backing away from him, trembling. He notices too, as his eyebrows furrow together and he tries taking my hands in his. "Haru please listen, this isn't what it looks like I promise-"

I pull my hands away from his, heat rising to my face in embarrassment. In humiliation. "I think I just need some fresh air."

My voice cuts on the last couple of words, tears welling in my eyes. Before he can say or do anything else, I quickly turn and go to the elevator. I quicken my pace, feeling his presence coming up behind me. "Haru!" he shouts.

The elevator doors slide open and I quickly step inside. I press a random floor and the doors slowly begin closing as he comes rushing toward the elevator. "Haru!" He's only a couple steps away when the doors completely shut, blocking us off from each other.

I slowly back up until my back presses against the wall of the elevator. My heart pounds in my ears as I breathe shaky breaths.

"Oh God," I whisper, trying to piece everything that just happened together.

Finally, I break down, feeling every part of my heart crumbling.

{ A / N }

have to be up at 4 am tmrw for a school
competition :') i love school like it's the best thing
ever aMiRite