chapter thirty-five

Haru's POV

I stand in front of the mirror, looking at the spots on my neck in disgust. My eyes have turned puffy and red, and my skin looks sickly pale.

I wipe my tears, stepping out of the bathroom. Jungkook is zipping up his suitcase when he turns and looks at me.

His eyes begin watering as he wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry, Haru."

"Jungkook, had you not come, it could've turned into something worse." I look up at him, tears running down his cheeks. I frown, wiping them away, "Don't cry now, it's only gonna make me cry more."

"I-I'm sorry, I just feel like it was my fault-"

"It was not your fault. Don't blame yourself for things like this, ever. I'm grateful that you came when you did. I'm grateful for you period."

I wrap my arms around him again, feeling his body tremble with each sob.

This is my first time seeing him cry like this. And I really, really hate it.

I look up and wipe his tears again, having him sit down on the bed. I notice him hesitate before asking, "Can I ask who that guy was?"

I sit down next to him. "That guy was my ex-boyfriend."

"Really?" he responds, voice still trembling.

I nod. "His name's Daehyun. We were together for about a year before I realized what a mistake I had made by getting together with him."

"W-What did he do?"

"He was definitely the touchy type," I pause, gulping, "A little bit too touchy. He and I never actually...you know. I insisted that I didn't want anything like that until we had been together for a long time. But he was just trying to push our relationship too far."

I find myself getting angrier as I continue. "He would always sleep with other girls, and for some reason my idiotic self wasn't able to tell. I didn't find out until about a couple of months later, when I broke up with him." I look down, tears dropping into my palms. "He just...went crazy. He lashed out on me and it was...it was terrible and..." I pause, feeling Jungkook slide his hand into mine.

I look at his hand before looking up into his eyes, "I'm sorry, I don't know why I keep crying like this."

I stand up, hurriedly, pulling my hand away. "I think I just need some fresh air."

He nods, "O-Okay."

I turn and quickly rush out the door, emotions coursing through me as I break down into a sob.

{ A / N }

warning: get ready for the next chapter