chapter forty

"Haru, wake up."

It's like his voice is distant. So, so far away. "Haru," he says again, brushing my hair back.

I slowly open my eyes, exhaustion coating every single part of my body. "What time is it?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

"It's ten. Seokjin hyung's making breakfast right now, and the guys are all getting ready."

"Getting ready?" I sit up, moving my tangled hair out of my face. "For what?"

"You'll see," he replies, grinning.

I feel a sense of déjà vu as I get ready, thinking back to the time Jungkook made me get ready for my birthday back in Jeju.

I feel a tight clench in my stomach as I get ready, and I groan in disbelief. My flipping period cramps.

I head downstairs where the guys are all eating breakfast. "Good morning guys," I say, approaching the table.

"Good morning, try some of Seokjin's pancakes," Hoseok says, spooning a bite into my mouth.

"Tastes pretty good," I say, giving Seokjin a thumbs up, and he squints his eyes with a smile.

"You look cute," Jungkook says, lips curving into a smile.

I smile warmly in response, then break into laughter when I see Yoongi's face. "You guys don't remember what I said last night? About flirting at the table?"

"Of course they remember," Jimin says, grinning, "They just don't care."

"Exactly," Jungkook says, pointing his fork at Jimin.

I feel another cramp pass through my body, and I turn to Taehyung who's filling up Yeontan's food dish, "Hey Taehyung?"

"Hm?"

"Do you happen to have any Advil? Or just painkillers in general?"

He shrugs, walking over to his pantry, "I can check for you. Do you have a headache?"

"No, it's my stomach."

Yoongi sighs, "See Seokjin hyung, she took one bite of your pancakes and now her stomach hurts."

Jimin snickers, and Seokjin rolls is eyes, "Mhm, I'm sure that's why."

"Be respectful Yoongi," Namjoon says, earning a playful glare from Yoongi.

"I'm older than you Namjoon. You have to listen to me."

Namjoon sticks his tongue out, standing up to put his plate in the sink. Taehyung approaches me with a bottle of medicine and a glass of water. "Here you go. You can keep the entire thing if you want."

"No that's okay, I have some at home. Thank you though," I respond after gulping down some water. "So, where are we going?"

"To a karaoke place!" Jimin shouts, throwing his tiny fists into the air.

"Karaoke?" I respond, feeling nervousness form in the pit of my stomach. I've never had to sing in front of people before. Not even in front of Jungkook-it's too embarrassing.

Jungkook sighs, "Jimin why did you tell her?"

Jimin looks at him, confused. "Why wouldn't I tell her? I thought you already did."

"I didn't tell her because then she wouldn't come with us," he responds, hitting the back of Jimin's head.

"Why? We all know that you can sing, Haru," Namjoon says, making me blush.

Jungkook hums, "You always sing to yourself when you think no one's there. And you sound beautiful."

I stare at him in bewilderment, "How do you know I sing when I'm alone-"

"Irrelevant," Seokjin says, gathering the dishes at the table. "Also I think Taehyung should wash the dishes today."

Taehyung groans, "Why me? You guys are the ones invading my house."

Yoongi scoffs, "So?"

"Oh okay, how about you wash them then, Yoongi," Taehyung responds, narrowing his eyes.

"Just do rock paper scissors to decide," Jungkook and I say at the same time. We both glance at each other, surprised.

Seokjin crosses his arms. "Unbelievable," he lets his lips form a mischievous smirk, "Or should I say, unbeliebubble." He lets out a loud laugh while we all stare at him in disbelief.

"That doesn't even work in this situation, hyung," Hoseok says, smacking his forehead.

"Well maybe if you guys had a cultured sense of humor then it would seem funny," Seokjin spits back, pouting.

Yoongi snorts, gathering the dishes. "Whatever."

Taehyung gasps, "You're actually cleaning the dishes for me?" he stares at Yoongi for a moment longer before squealing. "Thank you hyung! I love-"

"Shut up."

I can't help but laugh as Taehyung starts fake-crying. "I cannot believe this is the same group of guys that I was intimidated by."

Jungkook approaches me while biting his lip, trying to make himself look arousing with his narrowed eyes, "Are you sure we don't still intimidate you?"

I bite my lip, something that I've noticed he gets affected by, "Hmm," I look up at him, noticing his face turning red, "It's kind of hard to be intimidated by you when you're almost always blushing."

Namjoon snorts, "Pfft."

The rest of the guys start laughing, Jungkook breaking into a smile. "You've been spending too much time with me."

"Have I?"

"Yes, but it's okay. You should spend more time with me because I love it."

{ A / N }

today's my first day of summer break
yayyyyyyy