chapter sixty [FINAL]

My whole body feels sore. Even opening my eyes is tiring.

Wait, where am I?

I hear a heart monitor beeping next to me, and I barely turn my head to look at it.

I slightly move my hand, which unlike before, only has one IV injected in it. An oxygen mask is still covering my mouth, fogging up every time I release a breath.

I'm about to close my eyes again when the door quietly opens. It's them.

They all smile warmly when they see me, eyes glistening. "You did it buddy," Yoongi says, face red from crying.

"Hyungs," I smile, instantly feeling happier, "I told you I would be okay in the end."

They all break into tears, showering me with kisses and hugs. "Be careful, he probably just woke up," Taehyung says, and I softly chuckle, still feeling weak.

"I did, and I feel like I'm in a dream or something."

"Well buddy," Hoseok says, "This is real life, and you made it."

"Now get better quickly," Jimin teases, wiping his tears.

Namjoon hiccups, eyes puffy and red, "I bought three big cases of banana milk for you."

"And I made you a lot of waffles," Seokjin adds.

Yoongi ruffles my hair, "And I bought lamb skewers. Also, Yeontan misses you."

"I love you guys," I say, warmth filling my heart. "I mean it."

"We love you too, Kook," Seokjin says, wiping away his tears.

"Your dad would be proud of you," Jimin whispers.

"He would," I respond, feeling a lump forming in my throat.

I look at my hyungs, their faces red and eyes puffy from crying. "Stop crying now. I'm here and I'm alive."

They all softly laugh, wiping their tears away.

I feel really happy. Everyone I love is here by my side.

Except for one person.

"Guys, where's Haru?" I ask, and they all exchange glances with each other.

"Take a wild guess," Namjoon responds, grinning.

I turn my head to my right, only seeing the heart monitor and a few chairs.

But when I turn my head to my left, my heart stops beating.

"Took you long enough to notice," she smiles softly, dressed in the same attire as me.

"She did put up quite a fight about being your donor," Hoseok grins, winking at Haru.

"We love Haru, and we love you. So we decided to let Haru go through with the operation," Taehyung adds.

"And it all worked out," Jimin says, giving both of us a warm smile.

"We're really lucky to be existing at the same time as her, don't you guys think?" Seokjin asks, and we all chuckle.

Yoongi smiles, "Haru's like an angel sent from heaven."

Namjoon's smile softens, "She's your angel, Jungkook. She's your hero."

I reach over and interlock my fingers with Haru, staring into the galaxies of her eyes.

"Yes. Yes she is."

{ A / N }

i know it says final, but it's not the end just yet!!