The Breaking

Magnus POV

I groaned as I woke up with, yet another headache. My eyes were blurry and in the haze I saw Alec. His beautiful blue eyes, a smile on his lips. I reached out to touch him, to caress his face. But the only thing that my hand hit is a glass bottle.

I was brutally shoved back into real life. Memories were flooded back to me and I gasped for air as I remembered what had happened. I let out a scream of agony. My body shook with pain and anger, and I was filled with so many emotions that I could barely think. My head pounded and energy coursed through my veins. 
I hurt for you but you don't hurt for me

This week had been the hardest I can remember ever having. Getting up everyday remains a struggle and without Alec beside I see no reason to get up. I only ate when I was hungry, and rarely was I ever. His siblings had tried to call, but never him, and it got to the point where I just silenced my phone completely. I tried to tell myself that the pain would go away if I just made myself get up, but then I'd just lay there and let myself get consumed in the sorrow. What a way to live

A knock sounded at my door. I snapped my fingers twice; one to clean my place up and rid it of the smell of alcohol, and the other to dress myself nicely with make up. Just because I was a hot mess didn't mean everyone had to know it.

I opened the door to see Isabelle, Sherwin, Jace and Clary at my door. Oh what fun

"Hello" I greeted, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Hey, can we come in?" Jace asked.

"Sure" I replied, stepping back and gesturing for them to enter.

They took a seat on my couch, were I had been previously sprawled out, still clutching a vodka from the night before. I sat opposite them in my large leather chair.

"What happened with you and Alec?" Jace asked. Of course

"Jace!" Isabelle chided.

"It's what we are here for anyway" Jace replied with a shrug.

"And why do you assume something happened?" I asked in a calm voice.

"You and Alec aren't together right now. Like in his office making out or something" Isabelle answered.

I sighed deeply. "If the four of you must know. Alexander decided it was best if we stopped seeing one another, with him getting the Institute and his parents are having trouble. Apparently our relationship was too much for him right now" I said, unable to hide the bitterness in my voice.

"What?" Isabelle asked.

"That is what happened Isabelle" I replied.

"But he was so happy and you two were, you were" she said, her voice faltering.

I stood up and walked over to Isabelle. I wrapped her up in an embrace.

"I know Isabelle, I thought the same thing. But apparently the both of us were wrong" I said.

"I don't understand" Clary replied.

"Neither do I. But that can't be helped now can it? I cannot change how he feels, nor his responsibilities" I responded, pushing down the emotions that threatened to emerge.

"Magnus, I'll talk to him, figure out what happened" Jace said.

"There is no need" I replied.

"Magnus. What are those?" Sherwin asked, pointing at me.

My wings had come out of my back in agitation, and I hadn't even known. Recently I've been wearing them out, Alec loves, loved, Alec loved them and by the end of my emotional break downs they would be out anyway.