I Can't Be Held Responsible (pt 1 of the Institute Gala scenes)

I know this isn't the best song choice so if you have a better idea, please tell me in the comments. Enjoy the story

Magnus POV

The two weeks until the gala passed quickly, and tomorrow it would be in full swing. Many of the Shadowhunters from around the world that had come here for the gala had been situated in their rooms, getting comfortable here and trying to get their opinions passed on what Alexander should do in certain situations. Which he handled beautifully, telling them he'd think about their suggestions and then going along with what he knew he should do.

They'd pass disapproving looks at Alex and I but they never lasted long. If it lasted too long, my emotions would fuel my power on their own accord and i couldn't be held responsible for whatever happens.

Nothing too bad usually happened though, I was needed frequently by the Court and Shadowhunters we're usually put-off by the powerful presence of myself, plus demons of their status. Shadowhunters may be headstrong but even they know when a fight isn't worth it, well most of them anyway.

I was awoken by an extremely happy Shadowhunter. He'd been like this for the last two weeks, ever since I'd given him a promise ring for our twelve month anniversary, and a matching one for myself. He always wore it on a chain around his neck, it would hang over those awful sweaters for everyone to see.

Alexander stroked my face softly, and placed soft pecks on my face until I woke up. But I didn't want to wake up, so I just left my eyes closed and let him keep caressing me.

"I know that you are awake baby" Alec said, in his deep morning voice that sent shivers down my spine.

"Mmmhm" was my only response. Alec continued his ministrations and kept trying to get me up, but I honestly didn't feel like it.

"Come on Magnus. Or you'll be taking a shower alone, I have to get to the Institute" Alexander said, he kissed my lips and got off the bed.

"Fine" I sighed and got up and followed him to the shower.

££££££££££££££

After an extended shower, Alec and i went to the Institute. Prep for the gala was in full swing and my boyfriend immediately jumped in to help. I stood in the ballroom watching Alexander move tables, fail at making bouquets of flowers, and get stressed out over failed bouquets. He was obviously the most stunning Shadowhunter in the room.

Alexander left making bouquets and worked on other things for hours. I was going back and forth between helping him and taking care of the various things that I needed to.

After about eight hours, Alexander returned to the the table with bouquet making materials and looked at it with disgust. He tried and failed many times before calling me over.

"Magnus" he called, frustrated.

"Yes, Darling?" I asked, once I approached him.

"How are you supposed to make a bouquet?" He asked.

"Like this" I replied.

I slowly demonstrated how to make a bouquet, the correct folding of the paper and how to place the right flowers together so that they brought attention to themselves. Alec copied my movements and made a perfect bouquet.

I went to leave Alec to his work, when I was pulled between Alec's body and the empty table beside where we were working. Alec's lips claimed my own and I was caught in an intoxicating kiss.

Alec moved one his hands from my hips. When his cold hand touched my warm skin, I gasped and he dove his tongue inside my mouth. As his tongue searched my mouth, his fingers traced my abs under my shirt.