Beautiful Pain

The first part contains sexual content but it's not explicitly described. If you would like to avoid it, do not read between the first two time skip symbols, {£££££} on Alec's POV. I hope you enjoy.

Jace POV

All three of us emerged from the room. I didn't miss the way Clary and Isabelle hung to one another. And definitely not the way Isabelle's hand wouldn't leave her dagger.

I calmly walked in front of all of them, Alec looked dazed. I could only imagine what they were talking about. Everyone visibly tensed when we could hear Magnus' voice.

"What is going on? Magnus you've been on our side for a while. Have you changed your mind?" Maryse asked.

"Not a change of mind. More like a change of heart. I am here for no harm, I just need to see your son" Magnus replied calmly.

I pushed Alec behind me slowly. "Back up, slowly" I whispered.

"Why?" Maryse asked.

"I just want to talk with Alec" Magnus responded. Alec stopped moving completely.

"Keep going Alec" I hissed. His eyes were glazed over and he watched his former boyfriend.

"I don't know where he is currently. I'll give you a call when I find him" my adoptive mother told him.

"No need" he replied. Magnus then began speaking again. "Alec, Alexander love, where are you? There are some things we need to talk about. Darling where are you?" Magnus asked.

Behind me Alec started moving forward. I grabbed his arm, Isabelle and Clary had the other. We managed to get him pinned completely against the wall and moved him to where he was sitting on the floor.

"It's okay Alec. Just wait until he leaves" I told him. Alec shook his head and tried to fight us.

"I believe I have found him" Magnus said, he was right behind us.

"Go away" I told him.

"Jonathan Christopher, please move" Magnus told me. Alec pulled at our restraint on him and got loose.

My parabatai launched himself at  Magnus. They held each other in an embrace, and Magnus looked the exact same as before. More relaxed, even his posture didn't seem as pained as it did before.

"I'm so sorry," Alec said, he placed a kiss on Magnus' cheek. "I'm so sorry"

Alec pulled away from the embrace and walked back towards us. Magnus looked completely crushed. Betrayal glowed in his eyes, a single tear slid down his cheek and it looked like every breath hurt him.

Power rolled off of him in waves. I could feel it in my core. This had to be what he was talking about, too much power, not enough places to go

Alec grabbed his stele off of the floor and then walked over Magnus, caputuring the Warlock in an embrace again. The energy that was once coursing through the room stopped. The room was dead silent as the two hugged, neither ready for what was inevitably to come.

Magnus and Alex began whispering to one another. Magnus flicked his wrist out and opened a portal. He then walked Alec into the portal, which they both fell through to who knows where.

"What the hell?" Maryse asked. "It is supposed to take so much energy and time to open a portal. He opened a full sized portal in a second"

"He is insanely powerful. None of us can even begin to comprehend what he can do" I told them.

"So we are right to fear him?" Clary asked.

"If you want to survive, you should fear what you can't understand and what you never will" I replied.