Guilt

Magnus POV

I woke up, for the second day in a row, enveloped in Alec's warm embrace. It was truly wonderful having him back. My power was still increasing almost daily but with Alexander around it barely hurt. I could still do what I needed to do, as long as he was around. Which is scary.

Or terrifying to be honest. No one had ever had this much control over me, not even myself. He was able to put me through an excruciating amount of pain, and cure it in a second. If he was to leave....

I don't even want to think about it.

I snuggled closer into my Shadowhunter, burying my face deeper in his neck. Alec shifted in his sleep and pulled me closer to him.

Alec's phone rang, annoying loud for it to be so early. Alexander groaned and patted the bedside table for it. Once it was in his hand be pressed the answer button and pressed it up against his ear, not even checking to see who it was.

"What?" Alec said into the phone, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Iz you can't call me this early" Alec complained.

"Because I want to sleep. And either way Magnus doesn't get up until noon. What do you want?" Alec told his sister. Was he complaining about my sleep schedule or defending me? Lady Lilith, it's too early for this.

"I can't come to the Institute early. I'm sorry but it isn't happening"

"Whatever. Bye Iz. Love you" Alec said and hung up the phone. I felt his lips pressed against my hair and I sighed happily.

££££££££££££££

Fire licked up my spine and cascaded throughout my body. My body burned and ached and I couldn't move. My throat had gone dry and my eyelids were heavy.

My wings shot out and enveloped my aching form. I let out a whimper as the pain increased. It felt as if my bones were melting, reshaping, breaking and flowing into my bloodstream, burning their way through me like lava. In short, I felt like death itself.

I was vaguely aware of the slight dip in the bed and a muffled voice saying something that I couldn't discern.

I hand landed on my hip and relief swept through me. A coldness surged through my body, cooling down the fire that had been coursing through me. It soothed the flames that were threatening to incinerate me. Drenching them and completely disposing of the awful feeling. The burn in my bones barely an ember
It was Alec

Alexander pulled me into his lap, softly apologizing whenever I groaned. I laid across him as I calmed down. He pressed his lips against my temple and threaded his fingers through my hair.

Slowly, I opened my eyes to see Alexander looking at me. His eyes were swirling with a mix of love and concern, and guilt. Even though I had forgiven him, he still felt guilty and my episodes didn't do aything to help the case.

"Hey baby, are you okay?" He asked, his voice deep.

"I'm better now that you are here" I said, smiling at my beautiful Shadowhunter.

"I made breakfast for you" he said, looking up at my hand that played with his dark locks.

"Thank you" I replied.

"It's nothing" he replied, pink spreading across his cheeks. I kissed the side of his face and his blush darkened.

We walked into the kitchen where the most delicious smells assaulted my senses. Alec had practically fixed a feast. Bacon and sausage, waffles and pancakes, and coffee, tea and hot chocolate. There was also multiple fruits; strawberries, fresh cut apples, watermelon, and cantaloupe. It looked as if he'd spent hours on, which he probably had.