Surprises All Around! Many Bad! Some Good!

Alec POV

I jumped out of the portal before Ragnor could stop me, he needed everyone else safe. But I needed Magnus safe.

The man just stood behind Magnus' trembling form that was engulfed in white flames. He didn't help Magnus, just stood there and watched him.

Magnus was in some type of pain, I could tell. His body curled around itself, and then would shoot out all at once, his back arching painfully. It all happened while he was suspended in midair.

Paris walked on to the platform, saying something to the man. Paris wasn't able to get close enough to Magnus to help him. And now that I looked at it, neither was the man who had stepped out of the portal.

"Where is....?" Paris said, his words echoing off the walls.

"Where is who?" The other man bellowed. He had a deep voice and was kind of intimidating, though I'd never admit it.

I couldn't take watching Magnus in pain like that any longer. It was pure torture, for the both of us.

I walked down from my scouting place and to where Magnus was standing. Paris let me through without any hesitation but the other man stepped in front of Magnus, blocking him from my view.

"Not that one sir, Magnus is very possessive over him" Nala said from behind him.

"How possessive?" The man asked.

Nala was about to answer when Magnus' personal fire cage shoved the tall man away and pulled me closer.

"That possessive" Nala answered.

"But he cannot. No one ca....."

The man's voice faltered and stopped altogether as I reached my hand past the protective barriers that let me in easily.

Once I was fully emerged in the fire it felt amazing, it gave off the same soothing, magical vibe that the Crystal Cove did. Now that I thought of it, Magnus gave off the same vibe most of the time. Like ancient magic.

I scooped my boyfriend up in my arms, his head laid against my shoulder and his arms circled my neck. I placed a light kiss to his temple and stood there, just holding him until his magic was pulled back into his body.

It took way longer than I expected, but I was happy to wait for him. Magnus was slowly getting back to me. I smiled gently at him and placed a soft kiss to his lips.

I let him down, and held on to his hips while he was getting steady on his feet. When he turned around and saw the strange man, he froze completely.

"Not happy to see me?" He asked, a slight mocking tone in his voice.

"Not really, but I was expecting this to happen" Magnus replied.

"I'm flattered"

"Don't be" Magnus cut the other man off, replying in a flat tone.

"Well, that doesn't matter. You're coming with me, we are taking care of a problem for the last time" the man said, not asked, said.

"No" Magnus replied.

It happened too fast for me to react and a whip of red magic cut through the air and grabbed my neck. I fell to the ground and was silently kicking myself for not going with Ragnor. The rope of magic was tightening on my throat ti the point where I could barely breathe at all.

"Fine" Magnus spat and the rope immediately vanished. Magnus pulled me to my feet and placed me behind him.

"I'm glad you made the right decision. You'll have tonight and tomorrow to say your goodbyes and I'll come pick you up. I expect the Court there too" he said.