Chapter 3 (Mary-Kate)

Monday rolled around and I wasn't locked up or as badly hurt as I thought I would be so I quickly put on my blue and white striped long sleeve shirt being careful of my bruises and cuts from this weekend, then I put on a pair of dark blue boot cut jeans that look almost black, I quickly put on my black baggy jacket that was oversized. then I quickly slipped on my black converse high tops and put my bag on my back and ran out of the house while putting my hair in a messy bun, my dad was passed out on the couch he passed out last night at 6:00 last night. I headed toward the high school, I wanted to get there early so I could let Mr. Charters know I was here and okay before school started.

I got to the school in about 10 minutes, running the whole way I could run track if I wanted to, I'm one of the fastest girls in the school but its just that I don't want to bring even more attention to myself. I ran into the school and suddenly went into a walk and headed to the band room. When I walked into the room I had seen that Mr. Charters was in his office only because the light was on and the door was open, "Mr. Charters" I said and walked up to the door looking inside seeing he was eating breakfast.

"Mary-Kate" it was clear that he was surprised to see because of his voice and that he shot out of his seat and gave me a hug, "I was almost sure you weren't going to be here today, from what I saw on Friday it looked like you were going to be in some serious trouble."

"I didn't think so either but the cuts weren't to deep, the bruises didn't hurt to much, and I wasn't locked up" I said and opened a little drawer on his desk where I hide my hair brush. I took my hair down from the bun and started brushing it out, it hung to about the middle of my back and it was extremely curly today for some reason, but I didn't care on how curly my hair was or anything really I just quickly put it into a twisted ponytail.

"That's good now get to class school starting in five minutes" he said and took my brush away from me.

"Bye Mr. Charters see you fourth and fifth block" I said walking out of his room and took the shortest way to my first block class, it was Mrs. Tate for AP English, it was one of my favorite classes, favorite has to be band.

"Ms. Jones I just got an email from the football coach, apparently each one of the football players is close to failing at least one class, he has already asked all of their teachers on if all of them could get out of class for the next few days..." she said but I stopped her when she said few days.

"So they are failing classes and they think it's a good idea to let them out of their classes?" I asked completely confused "by that logic I should never be in school with my grades."

"Let me finish, they want to know if you can go and tutor them, you will be given their assignments and you do as you see fit with them, as long as they learn the work and take the tests, along with in all of your classes your work will be cut down so you can focus more on that you would just have to turn in a report to all of their teachers saying why you should be allowed to keep tutoring them" she said and pulled out a huge stack of papers from her desk "if you accept these are all of the assignments for them for just this week, and all you have from each teacher but the band director is an essay, mine is on Edger Alan Poe, and the rest I don't know what they are about but all of the information is in here." She pulled out a folder much smaller than the stack.

"I'm always up for a challenge" I said, "tell me where to go and I'll go" I said taking off my backpack so I can put the folder in my backpack.

"The field house" she said and I looked at her like she was nuts, everyone in this school knew I had no clue where that was "when you go to the marching band field you see this huge brown building and that's the field house" she said seeing the confusion in my face.

"Thank you, I'll see you around" I said taking the huge stack from here "this is all day correct?"

"Yes, all day and goodbye Mary-Kate" she said and I walked out of the room.