Chapter 21 (Mary-Kate)

(Those of you who wanted me to write about the dance to bad I have no clue on how to write it, sorry about that though)

A few months, now summer vacation, have passed and we've had such a great time going on tons of dates, I have a court day today, I told Sam, Alex and Peter to come to be supportive of me, sadly I haven't been able to talk to James, since he got grounded. Today was the court day for getting my dad locked up, I've had a few meetings with my lawyer and he says that I'll most likely win, I just hope I'm not sent into faster care. I dressed up in a really nice black dress, it was long sleeve and ends right above my knees, the back is low cut ending about where my pants would start if I was wearing any, I put on a shawl so it would cover the back, a pair of black shoes that in the back have a bow, I put my hair into curls and put very natural looking makeup on even though it didn't cover any of my scars, Mr. Charters offered to take me but Sam is going to pick me up instead mainly because all the guys, minus James, will be there.

I headed down stairs to the main floor my heals were clicking with ever steep. As soon as I hit the last step there was a knock at the door, it had to be the guys, so I opened the door right away, sure enough the guys were still there, "Lets go party girl" Sam said.

"Give me a second," I said and ran for the front door to the kitchen giving Mr. and Mrs. Charters a hug and ran back to the front door "now we can go" I said and we left quickly.

"So why are we going to the court house?" Alex asked, I haven't really told them why but I just told them I needed them there.

"You will find out soon enough, and just promise me you won't kill anyone" I said I really didn't' want them to get locked up either.

"We promise" Peter said tossing me a bag from McDonalds, I swear they know whenever I'm hungry, I pulled out the breakfast sandwich and sunk my teeth in to it "wait who would we want to kill?"

"You'll figure it out later" I said with a mouthful of food causing all the guys to laugh.

We got to the court house and all of us headed inside but left our phones in the car since we all knew we wouldn't be aloud to have them in there. Thats when I saw James walking around inside, "did anyone tell James about today?" I asked and all of the guys shook their heads no.

"His mom a jury duty today," Peter said, "let's go say hi, I know your dying to see him."

"Your right I am" I said quietly while looking at the ground "now come on," I said practically running over to him and threw my arms around him from behind, he ended up freaking out and elbowed me in the stomach causing me to release and topple over in pain. "Hi to you too"

"Shit!" James practically shouted and turned around wrapping his arms around me gently, "I'm so sorry, love I didn't mean to hurt you ever, I'm so sorry, I'm an idiot, how bad are you hurt?" he was so worried about me it was cute.

"I'm fine just hurts a bit" I said still holding my stomach but I looked up at him and kissed his nose "what are you doing here?"

"Mom has jury duty, and I can ask you the same thing" he said and wouldn't let me out of his arms.

"You'll find out soon I promise" I said smiling.

"You always say that" he was pouting.

"Well, today is the end of all of it, and I have to go find someone the guys are here talk with them" I said when I saw my lawyer walk in.

"Fine, I'll see you later love" he said letting me go after a quick little kiss.

"Bye" I said and ran off to my lawyer.