Chapter 24 (Alex)

MK was beaten! Why didn't she tell us, I thought she told us everything. The guys and I were all waiting for her to come out of the court room, she walked out after a while with a shocked look on her face. "MK why didn't you tell us!" James shouted at her, but she keep walking like she didn't hear him and stopped in front of Mr. Charters. All of us followed her.

"Mr. Charters, why didn't you tell me" she said her voice was hurt it sounded like she was going to cry.

"I take it you know who I am" he said and she nodded, "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to freak out."

"Well, I'm freaking out now" she started to break down crying, James being James ran up to him and hugged her, even when he's mad at her he can never stay mad at her.

"I know now that I should have told you but well I didn't know if you were going to believe me or not" Mr Chartres said, none of us have a clue on what they are talking about.

"Why didn't you tell me your my uncle! After everything I've gone through didn't you think I should know I do have family that loves me" I'm not even sure if she releases that James has a hold of her, wait a second Mr. Charter's is her uncle.

"I should have told you I was going to tell you yesterday but well you were at the lawyers office all yesterday to make sure everything was right for today" Mr. Charters said.

"I have more questions to answer but not right now, your stuck with me, they are giving you custody of me, but well right now I cant look at you" she said getting out of James's grip and walked away followed by the rest of us except for Mr. and Mrs. Charters.

"Are you okay baby girl?" James asked wrapping his arm around her waist and the rest of us all walked beside them.

"I'm okay, I just really need food, I've been throwing up for weeks, and haven't really eaten anything either." Those are words I never thought would come out of her mouth ever.

"Off to get food!" James said, "oh wait I'm grounded, I'm sorry baby girl I have to leave you with the boys, I wish I could stay but I can't, I don't want to get in any more trouble" James kissed her forehead, "love you" and then he ran off.

"Love you too" she said just over a whisper and turned to us "let's get me food please I'm going to starve if I don't get some in me soon" she said back to her normal self I see.