Chapter 7 (Mary-Kate)

"What can I get for you all today" The guy behind the counter asked as soon as we walked in, we were at Cowbells the best homemade ice cream shop in town, I don't come here very often because I don't have much money.

"Money is not the problem people its our appetites get what ever you want I don't mind, as long as its not the 51 scoop challenge, that cost 45 bucks if you don't finish it, unless you know you can finish it in the allowed time."

"Well, I probably could but I'd rather not" I said completely serious but the guys I don't think caught that because they were laughing.

"Just order girl" Peter said pushing me up to the counter.

"Can I get a double trouble chocolate bowl" I said it's not on the menu but all of the people that work here knows what it is plus me, other than that no one knows what it is, but it's 2 scoops of double chocolate chip ice cream with brownie and Oreo crumbs on it, in a cup or you could get it in a cone, I prefer getting the bowl if you want it in a cone you say crunch instead of bowl.

"How do you even know what that is?" the man behind the counter asked me.

"I have my ways" I said and let the guys order James got a chocolate chip cookie dough shake, and Peter got just a plain vanilla cone.

"Hey MK go find a spot for us to sit we will bring the ice cream" James said and I sat at the back table witch was close to the windows, I love to look out windows, I just love the sunlight, but I can't believe it I finally have gotten a nickname that wasn't worthless or good for nothing, witch are both what my dad calls me, don't think that that Mary-Kate don't think about that dream again.

After a few minutes both of the guys came back and sat down on both sides of me and James put my ice cream in front of me "I don't know how you know what that thing is but that thing looks good" Peter said he was practically drooling.

"You wanna try it?" I asked I knew both of them would probably want to try it so when I was on my way back here I had grabbed two extra spoons and held them up so the guys could see.

"It's yours I couldn't" James said but Peter had already taken one spoon and took a bite he was in complete shock...I think he likes it.

"I don't mind" I said and tossed him a spoon, "you guys were nice enough to bring me out for ice cream, I don't have many friends believe it or not, none of them have ever given me a nickname I've always been Mary-Kate to them, and then theres the...never mind" I said shaking my head I don't want to tell the guys what was going on. At least not till I trusted them more.

"Well thank you and its hard to believe no one has ever given you a nickname, I mean come on your parents had to at least given you one, and it's hard to believe they haven't called you Mary, or Kate, or MK, saying Mary-Kate all the time is a mouthful" he said and took a bite and I know it's a mouth full but well I just never wanted to give myself one.

"My mom died the day I was born" I said looking down at my ice cream "and well my dad, he's hardly around" I said lying, "that's why I'm with Mr. Charters all the time, he takes up the place for my dad when he can't."

"I'm sorry so do you want to talk about that dream?" Peter asked, how did I know he as going to say something about that when we were here, oh wait now I know I'm a major nerd and football players don't hang out with nerds unless there's a reason.

"I'd rather not, it's just a thing I have a hard time with and that I'd rather not talk about" I said and started eating my ice cream. I had quickly finished my ice cream but all three of us just stayed in the ice cream shop making jokes the whole time.

After a while I had looked at the time it was now 10:00 PM "GUY'S I HAVE TO GET HOME NOW!" I said startled, I needed to get started on the work for tomorrow along with getting started on the reports.

"What?" James was startled by me then he looked at the time, "Let's go, I'll drop you off."

All 3 of us got up and went to his truck and the took me back to Mr. Charter's house.