Chapter 6 (James)

Football practice was brutal for everyone today since we didn't have conditioning but it was worth it to have Alex run for three hours and then run again after school. He has no reason not to be able to run for long period of times now. Whenever I got the chance I looked over at the band they were practicing perfectly and it somehow was easy for me to pick out Mary-Kate, her red hair I guess isn't all that hard to spot in the crowd. After practice I had seen the band had finished at the same time we did and it looked like Mary-Kate was going to walk home, there's no way I can let her do that even if it was just around the block "Hey Peter do you care if I offer miss tutor a ride home?" I asked Peter as he climbed into my truck

"Go ahead dude, she's doing so much for us mine as well" he said and I turned toward her.

"Mary-Kate need a ride home" I shouted it not to loud but yet where she could still here me, and I'm very sure she did because she had turned around and after a minute she walked over to us.

She ended up making up a lot excuses for me not to give her a ride but when she said five miles I wasn't going to let her go so I had gotten Peter out of the car and he tossed her into the back but first we both put the child locks on the doors so she couldn't get out along with locking the doors. She had told me her address was 15245 West Bellow, RD witch was odd since that is eight miles not five but hey no one's perfect.

As we drove Peter and I got talking about football, and I had completely forgot to keep Mary-Kate in the conversation because when I was about to say something to her I saw she was already asleep in the back seat and we weren't even on the road for two minutes. Well we had pulled up to her house and I looked back at her again "I kinda would hate to wake her up, she must have been extremely tired to fall asleep that quickly" I said to Peter we were both looking back at her her knees were pulled to her chest, her hair had been taken out of her ponytail and a few little sections had fallen into her face, her mouth was hung open just a bit where you could see her teeth. She looked like anything but a band geek, "You wanna wake her?" I asked Peter.

"Hell no dude, your the one who gave her a ride you wake her up" Peter said loudly and we both heard her moan like she was starting to wake up

"No, No, No, NO!" she was talking in her sleep gradually getting louder and the last one she shot awake practically screaming. She was now sitting up hugging her knees her hair practically covered her face, but the bit of her eyes we could see were full of fear.

"Mary-Kate what's wrong?" Peter and I had both asked at the same time I think we were both afraid to touch her.

"It's nothing you need to worry about just a bad dream" she said brushing her hair out of her face but something told me it wasn't just a bad dream.

"We'll you know what the best cure for a bad dream is, it's ice cream my treat" Peter announced and hit the back of his seat, just text your parents saying you will be late because some football players are taking you out for ice cream." I couldn't complain Peter knows how to get people to talk when something is troubling them and both of us seem to be worried about her.