Chapter 19 (Mary-Kate)

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off the next day, I swear it made me freak out so bad, now my questions is when did I fall asleep...looked at the screen seeing that it was James's calling me so I picked it up instantly, "morning" I said my voice was sleepy and well as some people like to put it sexy morning voice...yeah um no not in my opinion I hate this voice.

"Morning to you too," he said it was clear he's been awake for a while, wait what time is it, I rolled over looking at the clock, why did he wake me up at 5am.

"Why in the world did you wake me up at 5 in the morning? Even the crazy people aren't awake yet, oh wait I take that back we are both awake, never mind but still I'm like never up this early." I said not bothering to clear my throat.

"I called because well.... this is going to sound stupid but because I missed you and wanted to hear your voice" I swear he's a lost puppy dog somedays "and you can't say you aren't up this early, we will text till 9 am without sleeping some days, you called me last week at 3:30 am for I still have no clue what but you were crying and I didn't like it" he said oh yeah that early call was after my dad beat me up extremely bad and I just to hear a kind voice.

"Okay fine you have me there and I'll tell you what that was about as soon as I can" I really did mean that I would tell him as soon as I can, I hate not being able to tell him without worrying that he'll freak out.

"I know I know I know" he said it was silly he always's is silly though.

"I guess I mine as well get a jump today, I'm putting you on speaker now" I said and quickly put him on speaker, to get dressed, my room here was pretty big, it was about the entire 3rd floor, I loved it, but I could deal with less but well they refuse for me to take a smaller room. I walked into my closet with phone in my hand.

"Why I don't like speaker at all" he complained.

"Because I'm walking around my room" I said and took a black dress off the rod and looked at it, it has a low cut back and has sleeves that only cover my shoulders some, the rest of it goes down but has 3 bows along the low back, I hung it back up it looked to perfect for it to belong to a girl who gets beaten a lot.

"I still don't like it" he said, "but well your pretty so I'll let it slide."

"You don't have to lie about me being pretty, I'm not and I know it" I said, I've never thought of myself as pretty why would I, I'm beaten, my back is full of scars. I grabbed a pair of black ripped leggings and a blue sweater that has cuts on the sleeves so I put that on it seemed like a better option than most of the stuff I have for this thing.

"MARY-KATE! Don't you dare ever say your not pretty, you the prettiest girl in the world, your beautiful, I don't want to hear you talk bad about yourself, if you do one more time I will come over there and pin you to the wall and kiss you until you see it yourself!" he screamed at me I guess I made him mad.

"You wouldn't dare" I said slipping off my pajama shirt and put on a tank top under my sweater, I put on the leggings, the sweater fell to right under my butt.

"I would and you know it, wanna test it?" I knew he was smiling just by the way he said it.

"I don't know it's tempting but well I do have thing I need to do" I said.

"Fine" he said, "hey I'll call you later, parents just walked into my room looking at me like I'm nuts."

"Bye," I said I wasn't going to be the one who hangs up first.

"Bye," he said and didn't hang up.

"You hang up" I said knowing he wasn't going to.

"No, you," he said we continued that for I don't know how long but he was the one who hung up.

I slipped on a pair of old black boots, brushed my hair throwing it into a messy pony tail, and quickly wrote a note for the Charters saying I'm out doing what I said I was going to do and headed out. I didn't walk for much before I started running, I ran right by Sam's house finding that he was going for a run too since he was already walking out of his house when I was passing by. "MK, wait up!" Sam shouted and I slowed my pace some where he could catch me, "what brings you over here?"

"Something I have to do, I'm sorry about yesterday, I wanted to go I really did but I had thing I really needed to do" I said.

"So what are you doing this morning?" he asked.

"I haven't even told James your not going to get any information from me about it it's to dangerous for you guys" I said and took off running as fast as I can quickly losing Sam. I took a few wrong turns but ended back up on the correct track just to make sure I lost Sam. I ran into the police station getting weird looks from them all. "Please help me."

"What's wrong dear?" the receptionist asked me.

"I know you people are going to think I sound completely weird and I should have come before this but this is the first chance I've ever gotten to, my father beats me every day and night." I almost started crying when I said it.