Chapter 15 (Mary-Kate)

I can't believe I saw the guy's at TGI Friday, but I'm kinda glad I did, except for the part of James taking some of my food, I thought he knew not to take my food, well his punishment was not getting two hugs like always. The main reason I'm glad that I got to see that guys was because I got to show the guys, except for James, my dress for homecoming, also the shoes, they all said they think James will like it so fingers crossed that he will. We had to leave though shortly after they had came but that was because I had go get ready for the game, all of my stuff was still at the house, also Mrs. Charters was going to let me raid her jewelry for the dance.

I was now sitting on the bleachers upside down board out of my mind, since I wasn't aloud to hang out with them before the game, after they all know its pointless to try to stop me. They aren't even aloud to text me since they aren't aloud to have their phones, when I say that I mean every one, out when they are getting pumped for the game plus they all handed me their phones, bad idea on their part.

After about five more minutes of being completely board I pulled out James's phone and started reading his text messages from him and Peter, they all know I read their messages when I have their phones so I guess its not that bad that I read them at least they know I do. It started off with James.

Hey.

Sup.

You already know.

I know, wow this is the first time you haven't said thinking of MK in a while.

Dude, I thought that was self explanatory that I was thinking of her, I always am.

Lol, I know, had to give you a hard time though...you do know that she doesn't have a date to the dance right?

Yeah, I know but well I'm to afraid to ask her what if she says no?

That's not the positive, I can get any girl I want, dude I know.

Well, MK's different. Every other girl has to try to make my day better if I'm feeling down but when I just see MK everything is just amazing, nothing was ever wrong before or will ever be, when other girls leave the room I couldn't care less, but when MK leaves everything feels wrong again and I can't help but worry about her even if there's nothing to worry about. Every other girl has to work for my attention and MK has it always.

Just ask her to the dance, come on.

I'm scared to.

Just ask her!

She won't go with me anyway the dance is tomorrow, she must think I have a date or something. Also I don't even think she's going.

Never know unless you ask so ask.

Fine I'll ask tonight.

When I read that last message my heart practically stopped. James's is going to ask me to the dance...wait how, and when, maybe it's in the other messages between him and other. I went though all his messages not able to find anything but then I noticed that my name doesn't so up on this messages list and I hit new message and put MK, nothing showed up then put Mary-Kate, again nothing showed up so I had typed in my phone number finding that it was saved at The One I Love, I can't believe he's in love with me. I already knew that I wasn't going to be able to concentrate very much now so I walked down to Mr. Charters and Mrs. Charters "Hey Mary-Kate what can we do for you?" Mr. Charters asked knowing I like to sit down and just mess with the guys phones before the game.

"Just wanted to warn you I'm going to be very distracted today so I'm probably only going to play during the half time or until the thing that will be distracting me happens" I said and bit my lip, I always bite my lip when I'm nervous.

"What are you nervous about?" Mrs. Charters asked me.

"I found out, James's is going to ask me to the dance tonight and I don't know when or now, but he's going to and it makes me so scared, I'll play during half time the best I can but the rest of the time I won't be able to.

"I think I need to talk to James now, to make sure his priorities are straight" Mr. Charters said just like a dad would, and hey Mary-Kate do you want to go back to that house still, you can stay with us for good."

"You know what if James does ask me out I don't want to be worried about all of that at the same time as worrying about him all the time, are you sure you won't mind?" I said after thinking for a minute.

"We are sure we don't mind at all, but you will have to tell the police, go this weekend without us there so they don't know we know, we can get in a lot of trouble for not telling on him when we found out" Mrs. Charters stated and hugged me "I can't wait for you to be in the house for good and I can treat you like my daughter all the time."

"I'll go by myself you don't have to worry about that, but I will have to go back to that house tonight to get my stuff out of there" I sighed, I knew that when I walked into that house tonight if he was awake I was going to be in serious trouble and be beaten again and maybe to the point where I can't get up tomorrow, I really hope not.

"Mary-Kate you do know that means you can't go out with the guys tonight, right" he said he's right I don't want to sleep at my dad's house at all and they are the only ones who know where that house is, I know Mr. Charters and his wife would both sit out of the house till I get out of the house, the guys on the other hand might not.

"I know it's a price to pay but it's the right call" I said frowning, I really did want to hang out with James later just to tease him.

"It's the right call now go up to your spot game is starting" Mr. Charters said and I went without protest up to my spot and took out my flute and fingered along with the song all the way up to half time.