Chapter 16 (James)

I tried to get the guys to tell me what MK had showed them at TGI Friday after she had left but they all refused to, tell me. After words we were all headed to the game and Peter and I were texting each other not wanting anyone to know what we were talking about, witch was MK, I can't believe he got me to agree to ask her tonight, I'm so scared. I decided the way I was going to ask her was right at the beginning of half time before the band is on the field for their half time show, the guys, Peter, Alex, and Sam, all agreed to drag her down there for me, I'm going to be freaking out so bad. I've never been this nervous my whole life, not even when applying to college. When it came to half time the team was already 27-0 Mermaids winning, the guys were going to get MK and I was standing at the edge of the field waiting for them to come with her, Peter had also ran to get me a microphone, we had kinda told the announcer about all of this. Once Peter handed me the microphone MK wasn't there yet but I still walked out to the middle by myself "okay ladies and gentleman, we have an announcement from the quarterback of this fine school,when the others join him." The announcer announced, I was so scared and then I saw MK kicking and screaming Sam and Alex, Alex had her legs I have no clue why he decided that her legs would be the better option, and Sam had her arms and they were carrying her out like that, it was kinda funny, then I saw Peter behind them with MK's flute. The guys set her down next to me and were holding her in place, since it's her and she is a flight risk. "Okay the lovely lady has now joined him, James please make your announcement" the announcer said and the crowed was dead silent waiting for what I would say.

The whole football team was standing at the gate wanting to know what I would say since I haven't even told them, "Mary-Kate, I know this is kind of late of me asking but will you go to homecoming with me?" I choked out, I was so nervous, my voice was shaking everything seemed to be going in slow motion.

I was completely surprised by her when she had thrown her arms around me and whispered in my ear "Yes, and just so you know you could have just asked me not in front of the whole school and I would have said the same thing" she said and everything seemed to be going at normal speed again and I noticed she was shaking, was she cold, I don't have a jacket for her anyway, so I had just wrapped my arms around her tightly trying to keep her warm and to comfort her what ever it was that she was shaking about.

I just held her and then I heard someone shout from the stands, "what did she say?" I forgot what happened.

MK took the microphone from me and came out of my arms, even though I wanted her to stay"I said yes" she said into the microphone "I said yes."