Chapter 13 (Mary-Kate)

After the pep rally I had gone to the special needs room and had started helping out with the kids, this girl in there Annabelle is one of my favorite kids in here. She's such a sweet girl, I would just come in and her face would practically light up when she sees me, she can't read sadly but I'll sit next to her when I'm there and read her any books she wants. Today she had chosen Cinderella, she loves this story most of the time she wants me to read it, after I finished reading it for the fifth time I closed the book "hey Annabelle can I talk to you about something before I read more to you?" I asked her and she made a noise and nodded her head, she couldn't really talk much but the noise sounded like yeah kinda. "Okay so you know James right" I said and she nodded her head "well I kinda think I'm falling for him, I know he's going to the dance this weekend and I'm trying to figure out if I should go or not, do you think I should go?" I asked and she started making her yeah noise again and clapping her hands over repeatedly. "Thanks Annabelle" I said, "now, what do you want me to read?"

She changed books this time to Beauty and the Beast" leave it to her to love all the princess stories. For the rest of the day I read her the stories while texting the guys every so often, I had told the guys I was going to go to the dance but James, and the other guys agreed not to tell him.

All The guys dropped me off at Mr. Charters house and I headed inside finding Mr. Charter's wife home, "hey" I said walking into the kitchen where she was.

"Hello dear, how was school?" she asked and I sat down next to her.

"Great, I was wondering if I could ask you for a favor, I know you guys do so much for me already, but I was wondering if you could take me shopping for a homecoming dress for tomorrow, I know its short notice but I figured out today I was going to go.

"Of course dear" she said shooting up out of her seat "lets go now so we can hit all of the stores and then figure out what one to get" she was grabbing her keys and purse as she was running around "you will need to change though first, I know I have some stuff from when I was about your size, in the basement" she quickly ran downstairs and came back with a pair of dark stone was jeans, a pink tank top and a brown sweater that all looked like they would fit me. "Try these on" she said and started running around again and I walked over to the bathroom and tried it on, it fit perfectly.

I came out of the bathroom seeing a pair of brown boot heals sitting out for me and I just slipped them on right as Mrs. Charters came back in "I see you found the shoes I put out for you" she said sweetly, "oh and they fit perfectly."

"Thanks again" I said sweetly.

"Dear you are like a daughter to me now get in that car we are going shopping" she said pointing at the door and we both headed out to go shopping.

Once we got to the mall we had jumped out heading straight for Debs, right as we walked in I started looking for some dresses that I had found cute but I couldn't find anything that I liked so we headed over to JCPenny's.

It took us a while to find the homecoming dresses but when we did I fell in love with a navy blue dress strapless knee length that had sparkles to it, the whole back was sparkly but when it came to the front in the middle of it was a 3 gem pin that connected the sparkles to it, from there it had gone out showing none sparkly area but most of it was. I found it in a size 00, the only one left, and started looking at other dresses. I found 2 more dresses to try on, one was a strapless knee length nude dress, and the other was a purple tea length dress that had 3 layers to it and the second layer was sparkles also had a sparkly purple sash around the waist. I went to the fitting rooms and the navy dress didn't look very good on me at all and the nude one just didn't do much fore me but the purple one looked amazing. My hair was getting more brown than red now luckily, I prefer the brownish red that I get during fall and winter, it had grown to be another 4 inches down, it really needed to be dyed and cut again but that can wait, "Mrs. Charters what do you think?" I asked her when I had came out in the dress and she just gasped looking like she was going to cry "I'm guessing that you like it."

She nodded "your getting that dress, and you know what tomorrow, we will get your hair and nails done, oh and that includes a hair cut and styled" she said and pulled some of my hair over my shoulders.

"We don't have to do all that just getting me something to wear is good enough" I was smiling from ear to ear, she was one of the nicest people ever.

"I know we don't have to do all that but I want to and trust me your hair needs it all" she laughed, I know its pointless to argue with her but sometimes it's just fun.

"Okay, I won't protest anymore" I laughed and went into the dressing room and changed out of the dress and back into what I had came in.

"Now we need to find you shoes" she pulled me to the shoe section of the store and we both started looking at all of the dress shoes trying to find a pair to go with my dress, "Mary-Kate look at these" she said and held up a pair of purple heels, the same color as the dress, they were open toe and the spot that went over the foot and around the heel was sparkly but had another layer of purple under it so you couldn't see the foot through it, just like the dress.

"Those are amazing, do they have a size 7?" I asked I couldn't believe they had shoes that would go perfectly with my dress.

"Yes, they do now here try them on" she threw the box of 7's at me and I slipped them both on and they fit perfectly "now walk around" she stated and I started walking around and they were a perfect fit we wouldn't have found a better pair.

"What else do we need, anything?" I asked I wasn't sure on if we did.

"Yes, jewelry, but that you can borrow from me, I have some perfect things for you to wear" she said and we headed to the check area and at the same time both of our stomachs rumbled, "shall we get some food after this?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation.

"Okay so where shall we go, wait never mind I know where we are going, they have the best appetizers ever" she said and payed for my dress and shoes "and I'm going to need to call someone soon, so once we get there I'm going to have to step out for a few minutes" she said and we headed to where she wanted, what happened to be TGI Friday, and then she went and made her call.