Chapter 6

"1,2,3,4" Roger shouted into the mic. He tapped his drum sticks in time. As Freddie began to hammer out a tune on the piano

" She keeps her Moet et Chandon

In her pretty cabinet

"Let them eat cake", she says

Just like Marie Antoinette..." He continued to sing, his voice soaring. I began to sway happily to the music my feet tapping. My eyes were fixated on Roger, his veiny forearms were exposed as he expertly kept the rhythm to the song going. His headed nodded along and his hair bounced with him. He came in beautifully his voice clear and distinct in the harmonies. They finished playing and ran back into the recording studio. I jumped up from where I was seated on a soft couch at the back. 

"You sound incredible" I gushed "Just incredible, it's the sort of song that makes you wanna dance"

"Then we dance!" Fred shouted raising his arms in a flourish

"Play the song back would you darling?" he nodded to the producer. The producer rolled his eyes, grinning a little and pressed a button so Freddie's voice filled the studio. Freddie grabbed my by the hand and spun me, my body swayed softly. He passed me on to Brian who smiled down at me, spinning and dramatically waltzing to the rhythm, making me giggle. He spun me into John's grasp, John tapped his feet moving extremely smoothly across the floor. His dance skills were highly impressive. As the song was coming toward the end, John spun me into Roger's grasp. He pulled me tightly to his chest and swayed calmly with me, then  spinning me and pulling me back in even closer. He dipped me toward the floor as the song came to an end. Gently pulling me back up to standing, his hands resting on the small of my back. We stared into each other's eyes as he gently swept his thumb across my cheek. The perfect moment was broken by Freddie's round of applause, Brian and John joined in.

"Despite how sweet that interaction was, I believe I was the best dancer darling don't you agree?" Freddie grinned

Brian raised his hand in the air "Hey, I waltzed with her. That's surely the best? I mean if we are calculating off of skill level an-"

John cut in "It was me, there is no doubt. I could see in her eyes how impressed she was my my skills" He shrugged smugly at the two others

"Hey, We still have an Album to record ladies" Roger addressed the band with a soft sigh.

The rest of the band went back into the studio, I went to sit back down in my seat, but Roger grabbed my arm and pulled me close

"I know I was the best dancer" he smirked smugly looking deep into my eyes

"I have to admit Deaky was pretty damn good, now go and drum your heart out" I winked turning my back to him. my legs shook at the confidence in my voice, exhilaration rushing through me. 

He stood alone in the studio shaking his head and smiling

"Unlucky Son"

"Shut it Mike"

________________________________________________________________________________

A few hours more of Recording and Freddie was storming around the studio. We all were watching him as he paced around the room. Frantically glancing at the clock as the precious seconds ticked by. 

"I sound like shit, Don't I sound like shit Bri?" He groaned

"A little room for improvement maybe Fred"

I looked at the distraught boys, Roger was sitting next to me with his head in his hands. John on the other side looking absolutely exhausted he lay on the couch his eyes half closed.