Chapter 33

I sank in to a glossy large chair as the woman who was doing my makeup for the show put on the finishing touches.

"Okay darling, that's you. You look wonderful" She smiled squeezing my shoulder before walking off into the booming abyss of bodies. The show we were going on was classy to say the least. It was an evening show that usually only brought on the most exclusive celebrities, but today they had me. I had sewn a dress specifically for the occasion, it was a floor length strapless, red gown. It clung to me until my hips and then it fell gracefully to the floor. I stood up turning around in the mirror, the hair and makeup artists had done a wonderful job at accentuating my features . My hair was tumbling gracefully in perfectly natural looking ringlets 

"Wow" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I smiled bashfully, Roger never failing to make me blush. I turned to see an absolutely ravishing looking Roger. He wore a black fitted suit with a simple tie. His hair was styled to perfection, framing his face perfectly. He smiled at me, oh god that smile. 

"Rog-Roger, you look amazing" I said my eyes trailing over him. He smiled at me again, blushing a little. My heart meted gently

"You look amazing Evie. You are so beautiful, what did I do to deserve you?" he came closer, closing the gap between us. He held my hands in his gently, his thumbs brushing my knuckles soothingly.

"Roger? Evelyn?" A small runner appeared "You are on soon, come with me" Roger planted a kiss on my cheek. His fingers lacing together with mine, he squeezed my hand as we heard our names announced. Cheers followed as a set of curtains opened, casting a gleaming light on to us. We both smiled perfectly as we walked hand in hand over to the plush sofa awaiting us. 

"Everyone give a warm welcome to Evelyn Dove Lily and Roger Meddows Taylor" Roger squeezed my hand, seizing my attention 

"You specifically requested they put Meddows in didn't you?" He hissed in my ear 

"You know me so well Meddows"I smiled back. Both of us sank in to the awaiting sofa as the crowd quietened

"Hello Evelyn, Roger. You two do make a gorgeous couple if I do say so" he smiled at the both of us cozied up together "Evelyn, I heard you have been busy with your designing. Everyone is dying to see what  you have in store after your fantastic job during the boys tour"

"Thank you. I am really excited to release some new designs and hopefully inspire people to feel comfortable in what they wear" I smiled back, surprised in the confidence that coated my voice.

 "Roger, you must be every proud. Evelyn seems very talented" the host smirked at us. Roger put his arm around me 

"I'm so proud of Evie. She is insanely talented. She was the true driving force behind the entire 'A night at the Opera' album. She wrote my drum part, wrote the song along with Freddie and made sure we didn't all kill each other" he paused as everyone laughed along with him "We couldn't have done it  without her"

"Wow Evelyn. You really seemed to have him wrapped around your little finger" the host laughed at me. The rest of the show flew by most of it filled with funny anecdotes and Roger talking about the band and the album. I occasionally jumped in providing a few sweet comments or quick jabs at Roger. 

"So Evelyn please tell us about what you are wearing. Is it a design of your own?" I answered with a detailed reply about when I was growing up and began designing my own princess dresses then moved on to properly designing things to sell in a local store. Then finally applying to university and being offered a scholarship. We talked for a little longer about various things, the audience lapping up every second of it.

"Now I believe Roger has something to ask Miss Lily?" the prouder smiled at me and I shot Roger a confused look. He picked up my hands in his, kissing one of them chastely