Chapter ☕️x22

"Did you guys keep in touch?"

Jim shrugs, still looking down playing with the little packet on the table as all the leftover sugar falls out.

"We did for awhile, but then we kind of fell off. I guess we both got busy."

He looks up.  "She's been gone for a year. Crazy right?"

"Yeah!" I say, acting like I know her.

He takes a sip of his coffee.

I chug the rest of decaf coffee, which is cold at this point, and gather my things to get going.

"Are you ready to go?" I try to smile sweetly.

"Yeah, I think so." He says. He leaves a tip and grabs his coat of the booth beside him.

I put my purse over my shoulder, and he grabs my hand to walk out.

He walks me to my car, and gives me a kiss goodbye, and I hop in the car. His car his next to mine, and I don't start my car till he gets inside his.

I wave goodbye to him, as he starts his car, and he waves back.

I put my car in reverse, and back out quietly.

I get home and throw everything on the couch, and walk myself to bed.

I know I shouldn't be suspicious, but I he's seems really excited for her to come back.

I mean, yeah, she's an old friend, of course he's excited.

Maybe Erin will think the same thing. She's too kind-hearted to be as suspicious as I am right       
Oh my god am I the jealous type?

No, no.

This is all too cliché.

I hate cliché shit.

☕️

"Alright everyone, Pam is going to be here in a few hours!" Micheal yells to us.

Micheal made Angela and Phyllis come in early to start setting up for Pam's arrival.

I didn't think they'd actually come in early but surprisingly they actually did.

There's a little banner across the receptionist desk that says, "Welcome back Pam!"

There were balloons on the floor that Phyllis blew up but Angela popped them all because she said they were in the way.

"We know Micheal you came to my house last night and bothered me when I was with my wife." Stanley mumbles.

"He came to your house too?" Kevin asks.

"Come on guys! It's Pam! What is wrong with you people?" Micheal blurts.

"It's just Pam, who cares?" Dwight says.

"Was it necessary to show up at peoples house though Micheal?" Jim asks.

"Yes Jim! Don't act like you're not excited about this! Your past lover is coming back!"