Chapter 8

Keenan Point of View

'Hey you, Cheshire cat,

Stop grinning from ear to ear;

I would stomp you like a floor mat,

Or better put your head under a car tyre.

Can a person be so foolish,

To beam like a creepy ghost;

Resembling pink pearly little Ghoulish,

Sending chills to my spine till frost.

Hey you, tongue twisted sister of laboratory rats,

What is wrong with your facial muscles;

Simply annoying and drat,

Looking more like rock stuck freshwater mussels.'

If I can ever recite a poem with my current situation in mind, then it would not be better than that. I mean seriously, what is wrong with her?

And what is wrong with people around me?

Are they just visiting the paradise for fools today or were they always so foolish?

What the heck is my life?

"Mr. Coopers, Mr. Senior Coopers and Mrs. Katherine Coopers are here to meet you." Libra said, smiling widely like is doing from two days.

I freaking hate it!

Why is everyone whom I cross paths with smiling at me?

And it is happening just from the past two days.

"Can you f**king stop smiling at me?" I growled at her, my eyes turning into slits just at the sight of that young untidy woman showing her yellowish teeth to me.

"Of course, sir." She replied with yet another wide smile. Did it not get into her head what I just said. I freaking asked her to stop grinning and replied positively with another grin.

What the heck is this?

"Fine, just go and bring some drinks and snacks and hold all the important calls for me till I am free." I ordered, massaging my head which seems no bounds in paining itself.

From past two days, everyone is behaving weirdly with me. They smile at everything. I scold them, they smile; I insult them, they smile; I look at them, they smile and I don't look at them, still they smile.

The smiles are going so overboard as far as giving me chills.

I want to scold them and hit them but fear that their smiles only grow larger.

Never had I been afraid of something like a smile.

Heck, I am not even this afraid of bugs that I am currently feeling for smiles.

I don't know what suddenly happened but the whole office building is beaming with bright grins that is literally blinding my eyes and binding my brains. And somehow, I think that tongue twister sister of laboratory rats is behind this sudden change.

What is her strategy? What is her exact plan? Is she trying to seduce me with her smile?

But her smile is not that great for me to fall head over heels for her. It was just okay. Not too good, not bad as well. It was just so-so