Chapter 26

Keenan Point of View

"Why are we doing this again?" I heard her ask just as I passed her a cart of popcorn.

She must be feeling happy that I am doing this with her. She should feel privileged but what am I getting in return, an unwanted tongue loose chaperone and undesired comments from her.

"Rainy honey, it is not bad to have a movie night between colleagues. Just enjoy the night, will you." The unwanted tongue loose chaperone, her Aunt Lana prompted gracefully.

Why is this old women with no – brakes hands here, again?

I invited, more like ordered Bell to come here on an important issue which later revealed to be a movie marathon night. I wanted to spend time with her alone and study her and practice patience with her.

Since both of us are like fire, we need to exercise patience with each other a lot, which is not attained in one go. Exercising patience with Bell is a heavy task that needs skill, art and mostly luck.

And what tagged along in our practice? Her flirtatious Aunt Lana!

Why she came, I don't know. Why she is talking in loops, I don't know. What she meant by such innuendoes, I don't know. Why is she talking so much, this I know... it run in the genes I guess.

"How would you like to go on a date with one of my acquaintances tonight, Sugar?" I asked Aunt Lana sweetly.

No, I don't want to call her sugar. She insisted I do.

Such a weird family!

"Nah, not tonight. I came with the mind to crash you movie marathon. Now, don't spoil my plans and mood." Such generous thoughts!

I heard she like a cupid and also De-cupid all in herself. Seems like she is trying be a De-cupid now and break us.

"Yes, she loves watching movies, precisely; she loves to do anything when she finds a new specimen for her study. Now pan we please get done with this movie night and resume sleeping. I'm suffering PMS right now and it is not wise to any of you to rattle me much." Bell pressed, walking to the remote and looking for a good movie on internet.

Okay, I wish she prefer something close to sci-fi or horror. I hate cheesy romance.

I saw her scrolling down the old and latest movies list and settled on one for few minutes. She turned back and glanced at her aunt who gave a nod to her and then she turned towards me.

Ant Man and the Wasp!

"I'm alright with the choice." I assured her and once she settled beside me, I continued, "What is a PMS, by the way." I asked curiously.

"You are not pidding right?" Bell snorted but when realization dawned to her that I indeed don't know what it means, her not-very beautiful face transformed into a frustrated one. "Seriously? You don't know what PMS is?"

I shook my head and looked expectantly at her to answer me. "Is it some kind of disease?" I asked curiously.

"It is not exactly a disease but it is no less than that to women who has to go through several types of pain every month." She said. She pressed her lips as if she is trying to define in a way so I can understand clearly.

"PMS is the time before a woman gets her periods. It is the period when most of the women have mood swings, some stomach issues like uneasiness and nauseousness, indescribable frustration and few aches here and there." Aunt Lana explained me with a teasing smile.

When the definition finally dawned onto to me and I nodded my head in understanding, I turned my head to Bell suddenly and frowned at her. "Hey Bell, I think you should visit doctor then. Yours must be a serious case then as I always saw you in PMS. Is it an everlasting thing for you?" I asked genuinely worried for her.