Chapter 20

Keenan Point of View

Argh not again!

God knows why I'm here again!

I have hell loads of paperwork to do and dozens of contract papers to study and sign but seems like my mind is not in tune with my plans when it suggest me – more like dragged me here unconsciously.

"And?" I heard the gruff voice of the person about whom my mind couldn't stop forget at all.

I looked over to his dirty face and his torn clothes and scrunched my face in a little disgust. He sat beside me on the bench and leaned back in a relaxed posture, looking at me curiously with a wise beggar-like smile.

Goodness sake, I'm straight. I can't be too taken by this beggar to visit him tonight again.

"The date was not so good. It was boring and predictable." I told him.

Why am I here again?

"She was flirty, too girlish to my liking, very sweet that my teeth almost fall off with cavity and very predictable and painted beauty." I complained thinking about the blind date Bell has arranged for me.

I completely regret asking her for another date. When first girl was a troubled avenger, the second was completely out of universe. She didn't understand basics of society and all she talked about was different shades of lip color that makes her lips glow in beauty and different dress she would buy for our supposed impending wedding.

Wedding? With that painted mannequin?

Never!

"Ah, sounds boring." Aegeus replied with a mischievous smile. For a beggar, he unusually behaves like a wise professor. "But Richie guy, I'm curious, isn't it the type of girl you should've always preferred?" He asked curiously but the knowing look on his face is quite visible.

He asked me as if he knew something, like he understood something. I wonder what he knows that even I don't know. I know almost everything on this planet. I'm known to be a very smart man to ever live.

"What do you mean by that? No, I don't like that girl. If ever I have to take a wife, then I prefer someone smart –" thinking about the smart remarks Bell makes to get on my nerves. "- someone who doesn't smile all the damn time alive." I said remembering the deep scowl that Bell usually have whenever she looks at me. Why does she never smile at me like she smiles at Dion?

"A girl who talks back to me and have a power to irritate me even though I find it annoying." I said remembering the time when Bell always tries to outsmart me, belittle me, insult me, teach me manners, hit me, punch me and pulls my hair.

God! Bell is too violent.

I heard the beggar laugh out loud and patted my shoulder with his dirty hands. I had to control so much to not frown and dust away my jacket. I frowned at how lenient this beggar guy is being around. I was just here to... just to have a relaxed time alone and when he came and sat beside me, I just talked to him courteously because I'm a good person.

I have always been a very good person with a heart as sweet and soft as a seasonal mango. I don't understand why people think of me as a rude person.

"You know what Richie guy, with my experience in street psychology of watching millions of people every day crosses me, I think you already have such girl in your life but you did not realize your liking for her yet." I narrowed my eyes at him and was about to spout out few curses at him for trying to act wise before me and assume as if he knows more than I do about my life but before I could proceed further, he raised his hands in surrender and shrugged with a sly smile.